PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 33 hand

Danenania
09-06-2004, 04:13 AM
No relevant reads. Typical table.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (8.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

I thought about betting out again on the turn but all the flop coldcalls made me fear a 7. Was checking a mistake?

How is the river value bet?

kiddo
09-06-2004, 07:58 AM
I would think about folding flop. 1 raiser and 2 coldcallers is not good news if you are betting flop with 33 and no good draws.

If you bet turn they will fear trips, only calling with higher pair.

You took a chance with a small pair and got maximum resistance. Fold.

Problem with calling flop is that it normally is a 2bet decision. You called because there was a chance that you were ahead, if nothing happens on turn you normally end up calling again. And then another crycall on river.

spydog
09-06-2004, 10:18 AM
I think you need to check this flop. Outside chance it will get check around. If it's checked to the button and he bets, you can try for a check-raise to isolate. Many times the button will bet when checked to and you can checkraise with this type of hand and lead the turn to take the pot.

Most likely MP will be the flop when you check. If there are any other callers I would fold this. If everyone folds to you, apply the previous advice, go for check raise and lead the turn as he could be betting overcards.

As it turned out, you bet and MP raised and you got 2 callers in between. You must fold this. Poker is a game of position and you are not in position. Plus you have a measly holding that is unlikely to win against 3 or 4 players at showdown, which it looks like you'll have after the pot has grown with the flop action. Plus your holding has little chance of improving.