PDA

View Full Version : I need to find a web page

10-13-2001, 01:24 PM
I have seen that page few months ago . There was a board who ranked all hold'em starting hand . There was the odds in percentage to have the best at the showdown if there are 2 to 10 players all-in before the flop . Thanks in advance ...

-JPP

10-14-2001, 09:23 PM
Here ya go and pls continue to check raise me on the turn, i like it!!!

10-15-2001, 04:00 AM
Interesting statistics which, in general, agree with the Sklansky hand rankings in his Hold'em books. But, there are three noticeable differences:

1. Big suited unconnected cards are ranked higher in the simulation. KJs, ATs, KTs, QTs, and Axs all perform better in the simulation. Axs has a dramatically higher ranking in the simulation.

2. Medium/Upper pairs perform slightly worse in the simulation. Specifically, TT, 99, and 88 do worse.

3. Medium suited connectors and one-gappers do much worse in the simulation. 98s, 97s, 87s, 86s, 76s, and 65s plummet in the simulation rankings.

Do you think the reason for this is that the simulation plays all hands to the showdown? In a live game, a knowledgeable player would know how to quicky fold a hand like medium pairs and medium suited connectors when they miss the flop and therefore cut their losses to the pre-flop price.

Do you think this simulation rankings is useful in any way as a supplement to the Sklansky rankings?

It's hard to believe 72o won 4.8% of the showdowns in a 10-handed game. Then again, I just beat AA with 72o in a live game when I got a free play in the big blind because UTG with AA chose not to raise with it.