PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up Play

MeanGreenTT
09-05-2004, 10:44 PM
New to the site (Mark, I help Mod a large sports car site) and I really love this place! Learned a TON here and it's really helped my game. I'm reading the recommended books and have devoured the info here. I haven't been playing on line too long and the short # of games is no real indication especially at the low levels but at Paradise $5+1 today I placed in 3 out of 5. 1st once and 2nd twice.

My question is about heads up though, once down to the last two, I tend to push all-in with any Ace, King, Queen...I've been able to stick to a beginner's game to make it late and open up my game sufficiently when down to 6-4, getting tighter when down to 4 but sticking to the game but heads up gets to me sometimes.

Would you rather see a lot of flops or are you gonna push whenever you get a "decent" heads up hand....even stuff like K2o...thanks in advance, cheers!

parappa
09-06-2004, 04:42 AM
At Paradise the structure is a little slower, so I'd probably tighten up some, but the general consensus at Party where blinds are 10%+ of stacks is that you pretty much pre-flop push or fold. I limp from the small sometimes to see what'll happen and check from the big with garbage, but typically push or fold. K2o is definitely a push, and your standards seem to be about the same as mine.

Phill S
09-06-2004, 08:20 AM
there is a lot of great infor on this forum.

do a search for the last year on heads up strategy and you should find more info that you could hope for

Phill

MeanGreenTT
09-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Will do and thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif