PDA

View Full Version : New Commerce Cardroom

10-11-2001, 02:19 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but for those in Southern California, the new Commerce cardroom was supposed to open today, but I was told there was a fire in the kitchen. When the alarm went off, one of the worker's wives (why she was there, I don't know) was runing out and a fire door came down on her head. So it was apparently quite a mess. I heard it will be another week or so before things are patched up and permits re-approved. So we have another week of arctic breezes and black hole of Calcutta type crowding in the old room.

The top section is going to be moved to the new room and the 9-18 hold-em games are planned for what is now the top section.

10-11-2001, 01:38 PM
I'll be sad to see them move the top section actually. It's always good to have physical proximity between limits. For example, if you're playing the 40-80 and want to scout the 80-160, it's a lot easier to do when it's right next to you. Also it's usually better for the games if players who have a variety of limits to choose from and can afford to play big have access to the bigger games easily.

JG

10-11-2001, 03:13 PM
I think they're moving the entire "top" section, not just the games on the balcony. That is, everything from 15-30 on up, although I'm not positive about this. But if they move the 9-18 into the balcony, and they move the 15-30 and the 20-40 into the new room, you're right, the 9-18 players will have to take a walk to scout the bigger games and this might discourage them from both looking and moving.

By the way, I took another look yesterday, and this confirmed my initial thoughts that it's the ugliest decor I have ever seen, which is saying a lot. But the lighting seems good, the tables seem well spaced and, hopefully, the A/C will be better balanced.

10-14-2001, 11:15 PM
Please tell me the chairs are more comfortable! You'd think they could have afforded nicer accomodations for the top section with the extra $/.5hr they charge.