PDA

View Full Version : Reraise with AK? (PP $25)

Ootz
09-05-2004, 06:47 PM
Should AK be a pre-flop reraise in this situation?

Hero ($26.50) is in SB with Ad Kd. Blinds .25/.50

EP opens with a minraise to $1 (not normal, he usually limps when he opens), MP1 ($19) calls, folded around to Hero in SB who calls.

Flop ($3.50) is Ks 7s 4h. Hero checks, EP bets $2, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

[I think the check-call here was a mistake, even though the intent was to induce people to put money in. Either bet out or make a hefty check-raise.]

Turn ($9.50) is 8h. Hero bets $9, EP folds, MP1 calls.

[Hero bets out. MP1's call is a concern.]

River ($27.50) is Kc. Hero puts MP1 in for $7, MP1 calls.

[Hero hits a third king and thinks he might be good.]

Results later.

Ootz

DBowling
09-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Did he hit a boat somehow with Kxs?
Id say yea, reraise preflop, ive gotta assume you have the best hand unless someone's slow playing.
Id definatly check raise or come out betting on the flop.
Turn bet looks good
River bet looks good

NaobisDad
09-05-2004, 08:37 PM
Depending on the players I'm up against i might raise here to get it heads up with the preflop raiser. Down side is that you will be playing a big pot out of position with a hand that will probably be TPTK if you hit.

On the flop I would much rather just bet out. If raised I wouldn't have to hard a time laying my vulnerable hand down, but again, it all depends on the players.

I don't think I would like to check-raise that flop because it would mean investing probaby twice as much money in comparison to betting out, and I think you create a more complicated situation on the turn should you get called.

Once at the river, you have to put in that $7 into a $27 pot anyway, so not much wrong there.

Ootz
09-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Opponent had 56 sooted for the turned straight. I think a healthy preflop reraise would have run him out.

Ootz

Ootz
09-05-2004, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Depending on the players I'm up against i might raise here to get it heads up with the preflop raiser. Down side is that you will be playing a big pot out of position with a hand that will probably be TPTK if you hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a problem, but on the other hand, I probably (not certainly) get suited connectors and small pairs out of the hand, or at least make them pay more to see the flop. And if they both fold to my reraise, that's not necessarily bad either.

I think your call to reraise PF is the right one, and I think in this case, would have avoided what wound up happening.

Thanks,

Ootz

AncientPC
09-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Raise pre-flop. If it's AKo I just call usually, especially against tight raisers.

Raise flop.

Ootz
09-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Not betting the flop was also a problem, for some reason I decided I would play this hand a bit "cuter" than normal, forgetting that when I play cute, I often wind up giving money away. Ah well, it'll sink in one of these times.

Thanks,

Ootz

Wayfare
09-06-2004, 04:31 AM
If you are going to check raise that and get called you are going to probably be all in by the turn. Your hand is not getting any better. You might as well get in with it.

Daann
09-06-2004, 05:46 AM
I hate it when people min raise preflop, you never know whether they have rags or AA, thats why I usually reraise them to a proper amount, especially when I have position. But you don't here, so I suppose you could call. On the flop, check raise around pot. You have the MP1 trapped for another chunk if you do that.