PDA

View Full Version : Critique please

russianjew
09-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi, I'm wondering if you all would do the same in the following situation:

Three players left. I have about 1900 and the leader has 4325.
I'm in small blind (50) and the leader is big blind (100). I'm dealt 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
The button folds, I raise to 200 and the leader calls.
The flop is
J /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet 200 and the leader calls, so now the pot is 800.
The turn is K /images/graemlins/club.gif
So now I have 2 pair. I bet 400 and the leader calls. The pot is now 1600 and I have about 1100 left.
The river is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I figure if he has a 10, he'll go all in no matter what I do. If he doesn't, he still may call with something like a pair of queens, so I bet 400. He goes all in so I assume he has a 10 (fits his earlier betting) and I fold. I now only have 700 chips and am quickly eliminated. How many things did I do wrong, and why?

Thanks.

Lori
09-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Preflop:

If you're going to raise, raise at least another 100.

Flop:

Seems fine to me

Turn:

Yeah, many options here, this certainly falls within acceptable range.

River:

I take the opposite view, although your bet was logical (and if you have a reason when you play, that's often enough)
I check/call here and hope he bluffs with his busted flush/straight draw.

Lori

Lori
09-05-2004, 06:56 PM
I now only have 700 chips and am quickly eliminated. How many things did I do wrong, and why?

You may have made the worst error of all in thinking your 700 chips isn't enough to win with.

Did you still play your best game after this beat?

Lori

willperkins
09-05-2004, 09:55 PM
I would have folded the K4o. I have t1900 and my choice is to raise t400 or fold. I don't want to raise into the chip leader so I would have waited for a little better hand. I don't fault you for being aggressive when it is down to three, it is just the way I would have played it. I could be wrong.