PDA

View Full Version : playing 4, 50$-200$ SNG simultaneously

brettthomas
09-05-2004, 06:25 PM
For those of you who play 3 or 4 high-end SNG simultaneously: are you able to keep track of individual players (i.e., 'play the person') or do you primarily play the situation? I am unable to keep track of most players across multile tables.

Thanks,
Brett

Lori
09-05-2004, 06:59 PM
I play lower limits, but don't see that it's relevant.

I tend to have a 'main' game that I pay as much attention to as possible, and play the situation in the other games.

Lori

brettthomas
09-05-2004, 08:27 PM
thanks for the feedback. I think the level of play is relevant b/c the level of competition at the lower levels is much more varied. I know that an experienced player can make money there without close attention to individuals. I'm less clear about what the high-end players are doing when they play 3-4 tables at once.

Jman28
09-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I play 4 $20s at a time. I know that's out of the range of your title, but I thought I'd post anyway.

I mostly play the situation. I am able to take notes on players, but they are generally very basic... loose, tight, passive, agressive.

When I see a raise preflop and then someone has Q5o at the showdown, I note it.

SQUi5HiiFiSH
09-06-2004, 01:17 AM
i play the situations, not the players. unless i have notes on them, then i play accordingly.

eastbay
09-06-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who play 3 or 4 high-end SNG simultaneously: are you able to keep track of individual players (i.e., 'play the person') or do you primarily play the situation? I am unable to keep track of most players across multile tables.

Thanks,
Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

I play mostly $55, and found that I couldn't keep track of people well enough for 3 or 4 games. So I play mainly 2 now, with the occasional ring game thrown in, since I can sit out of that if goes down to bubble or HU on both tables.

eastbay

Gramps
09-06-2004, 02:14 AM
If you're going to playing these a lot, I think it's helpful to take notes on the overly loose/reckless players - e.g. the ones that go all-in with marginal hands/make all-in bluffs in the first couple of orbits, etc...

...and if you get later in the tourney, and some player is still open-limping a lot at 100/200, etc. good to make a note...situations like that...

...otherwise play straighforward. Solid ABC play will do very well. Don't let the perceived need to know exactly how everyone else plays distract you from playing your game well.

stripsqueez
09-06-2004, 05:57 AM
i play 3 or 4 $200 SNG's at the same time

i stagger them with the hope that i wont be heads up or 3 way on 2 tables at once as that is when they become labour intensive - i suspect this is a bit like what lori's post was suggesting

i would guess that the first 60% or so of any SNG doesnt require a lot of thought - the chooks normally stand out and most of the decent regulars become familiar

stripsqueez - chickenhawk