PDA

View Full Version : New to B&M with a question

Guernica4000
09-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi all,

I am an internet player and have participated in numerous SnG and Multi-table tourneys on-line but I am going to Vegas soon and I am unfamiliar with the Re-buy and add-on strategies. If you would be kind enough to answer a few questions I would really appreciated:

1) In tourneys were you can re-buy as soon as you drop below the original buy in is it worth it to re-buy after losing one hand or folding a blind?
2) Is there a point were a re-buy is too much of a gamble or is the “chip and a chair” theory still hold true?
3) Should I add-on regardless of my chips and that of the other players? For example:
a) I have the chip lead do I add-on?
b) I am short stacked do I keep investing $$$?
c) I am in the middle of the pack. Do I do what others do?

Again any replies, insights or websites where I can find this valuable information will be greatly appreciated.

FeliciaLee
09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) In tourneys were you can re-buy as soon as you drop below the original buy in is it worth it to re-buy after losing one hand or folding a blind?
2) Is there a point were a re-buy is too much of a gamble or is the “chip and a chair” theory still hold true?
3) Should I add-on regardless of my chips and that of the other players? For example:
a) I have the chip lead do I add-on?
b) I am short stacked do I keep investing $$$?
c) I am in the middle of the pack. Do I do what others do?

Again any replies, insights or websites where I can find this valuable information will be greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need to get Mason's book, "Gambling Theories and Other Topics."

1) This is impossible to answer unless you provide us with more information, i.e, how many starting chips, how many chips for the rebuy, how much is the rebuy, what is the structure at this time.

2) Yes

3) a: probably not; b: probably so; c: probably so

Please provide us with more info and our responses will be a lot more comprehensive. Also, if you plan on even playing a dozen tourneys per year, I would strongly consider Mason's book.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif
www.felicialee.net (http://www.felicialee.net)