PDA

View Full Version : Please critique this hand.

RYL
09-05-2004, 04:55 PM
PokerStars $50 MAX $0.25/0.50 NLHE

HERO has $17.85
killerbz has $21

HERO is holding AQo

Dealer: Dealing Hole Cards
Dealer: HERO (UTG) calls $0.50
Dealer: Tru_Dat folds
Dealer: ktong007 folds
Dealer: MasTaKanG210 folds
Dealer: Misfit_Marty folds
Dealer: killerbz raises $1.50 to $2
Dealer: fools crow (SS)folds
Dealer: FFredd (BB) folds
Dealer: HERO calls $1.50
Dealer: Dealing Flop: [Qc 7d 5d]
Dealer: HERO checks
Dealer: killerbz bets $4
Dealer: HERO raises $4 to $8
Dealer: killerbz raises $8.50 to $16.50
Dealer: HERO calls $8.40 and is all-in
Dealer: Dealing Turn: [7c]
Dealer: Dealing River: [5c]
Dealer: HERO has two pair, Queens and Sevens
Dealer: killerbz has two pair, Kings and Sevens
Dealer: Game #669108912: killerbz wins pot ($35.70) with two pair, Kings and Sevens

I really can't comment on what type of player killerbz is. He was neither tight nor aggressive.

RYL
09-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Also... how would you play it?

amoeba
09-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I would have folded this preflop with AQo out of position.But calling it preflop isn't too bad.

On the flop, when the villain reraises your raise, I think you are done. The hands that you are ahead of are JJ, KQ, QJ, AK. QJ and KQ, I don't see villain making a 4xBB bet with preflop. Its rare that they will reraise your raise with JJ or AK on that flop. That raise is screaming that he can beat TPTK.

So unless you had a read on him as being extremely loose, I would fold on the flop to the reraise.

RYL
09-05-2004, 05:27 PM
I appreciate your input.

amoeba
09-05-2004, 05:38 PM
I forgot 1 thing in that last post. Bet out on the 2 diamond flop instead of going for the check raise.

RYL
09-05-2004, 05:45 PM
Good point... That way if he calls and I pick up a diamond... I could push all my chips and scare him off. Cool.

amoeba
09-06-2004, 11:09 AM
I was saying bet to charge the flush draw in case he had like AKd. I don't know about bluffing the flush with an all-in.

AnteGravity
09-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Preflop:
You hold AQo, thats a great hand even UTG, raise 3 or 4 times the Big Blind. Calling just lets players behind you limp in with lesser/speculative hands. If you have a good hand you must put the onus on the other players to call or raise you. Unless your playing deceptively on purpose, like when you flop a real monster say in the BB and slow play it against agressive/loose betters.

In this case, your opponent would have most likely reraised you hard in order to persuade prevent hands like AK or like you AQ from flopping an A and cracking his cowboys

On the Fop:

You flopped top pair with top kicker. There are two diamonds however, so there is a potential flush, and yet only two players contesting a pot with a raise before so the flush possibility probably only plays a minor role at this point.

You can bet pretty strong in this case, half pot to full pot is the usual range. The check-raise is a little out of place, usually I would reserve it for deceiving or when I flop a real big hand and want to give a preflop raise a chance to bet into me. His reraise of your checkraise signals that he's not afriad of it, and that combined with his preflop raise and his previous bet should signal that your probably behind. Even with TP/TK Laying this hand down is probably a wise choise unless you have a good read and previous observations of maniac and cronic bluffing disease.