PDA

View Full Version : I guess I've never posted a hand...

eastbay
09-05-2004, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure I liked this one in retrospect. There's 350 in the pot when I moved in for 940 over two limpers for 100 and the blinds. Too much gamble against a weak field? Maybe, but I'm not sure that I have clearly better options.

What do you think?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed)

Hero (t940)
Button (t1315)
SB (t2105)
BB (t1735)
UTG (t2140)
MP1 (t385)
MP2 (t1380)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t100, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t100, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t940 (All-In)</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls t840.

Flop: (t2130) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2130) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2130) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t213

La Brujita
09-05-2004, 03:18 PM
I move in as well fwiw. It does a few things:

1. gives you some folding equity

2. buys you a through ticket to the river

3. gets your money in with perhaps the best hand

4. avoids extremely difficult post flop decisions

Sklansky talks about moving in with AK when your bet is about 2-4 times the size of the pot. I seem to use it a lot and am happy with how it goes generally.

I see you as having only two choices call or all in. Two limpers have shown weakness so I think you should punish them.

Lori
09-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Two limpers have shown weakness so I think you should punish them.

Agree with all of your post apart from this one line.

I tend to think of EP limpers as very dangerous, however I agree that I don't think there is a better line here.

Lori

AtlBrvs4Life
09-05-2004, 03:33 PM
At this stage, with only 9.4xBB, I think all-in is the right move. You definately can't fold AK with blinds at what they are, and calling would just be weak and give the blinds a free look at the flop. The majority of the time you will pick up the t350 or get called by a worse hand.

La Brujita
09-05-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Two limpers have shown weakness so I think you should punish them.

Agree with all of your post apart from this one line.

I tend to think of EP limpers as very dangerous, however I agree that I don't think there is a better line here.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

As an explanation, I see strong players who limp in ep as very very dangerous. I see bad players who limp with big blinds as generally just pretty weak. As he had described the players as weak I assumed the limp showed a moderate hand rather than trickiness.

You do make a very good point about watching out for limpers.

Even with that caveat, I push against both strong and weak unless I am fairly certain EP doesn't limp without AA or KK. I have that read on 0 players on the internet.

Edit to make my caveat more precise to say fairly certain the range of hands he limps with would make the play unprofitable due to the likelihood of holding AA or KK if that makes sense.

willperkins
09-05-2004, 04:12 PM
I too would have pushed. Since you had two limpers in the pot, you want to push hoping one or with any luck both will fold. If at least one folds, you are heads up with a good chance to double through.

durron597
09-05-2004, 06:23 PM
I agree with La Brujita's analysis 100% here. I think that for the most part Lori's dispute with it is a "Monsters under the bed" argument, but then again I play $10+1, so I could be wrong at the higher limits.

lastchance
09-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Your opponent can have monsters and is planning to limp-reraise. Your opponent may have a small pocket pair and just doesn't buy that you have a better one. Your opponent may have AQ. Your opponent may be a sucker.

But, of course, you have AK, and you should push.

eastbay
09-06-2004, 12:57 AM
IMO, the most likely outcome in this situation occurred. The blinds and one limper folded, and the other called with his mid pocket pair, in this case 7's.

I lost the race this time - not that that's relevant.

Given the call with the dead money I'm +EV here but I'm not super comfortable with the size of my +EV considering the risk of going out.

However, given the circumstances at the time of my decision, with the probability of all folding or some jackass calling with a hand like KQ or AJ, I think I don't have any other move here.

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows 7d 7h (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero shows Kd Ah (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP2 wins t2130. </font>