PDA

View Full Version : AK in early

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 12:43 PM
A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG.

Pre-flop: I raise, EP2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, LP1 calls, LP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop (16SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I bet, EP2 calls, MP1 raises, MP2 reraises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB folds, I cap, BB folds, everyone else calls.

Turn (18.5BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, I check, EP2 checks, MP1 bets, LP calls, SB calls, I call, EP2 calls.

I should've just raised him, right?

River (23.5BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, I bet, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, SB calls.

topspin
09-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Lead the turn. If he raises, I call and check-call the river unimproved.

afk
09-05-2004, 12:57 PM
When you cap, you should generally lead the turn.

In this hand I'm not sure I'd cap the flop after it gets raised and 3bet behind me, that might be enough for me to slow down. I think I'd check-call the turn and river.

topspin
09-05-2004, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In this hand I'm not sure I'd cap the flop after it gets raised and 3bet behind me, that might be enough for me to slow down. I think I'd check-call the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

On a rainbow flop I'd probably do the same, but with a 2-flush on board there's a good chance someone's pushing a flush draw, and I'd be more inclined to cap. I'd definitely lead the turn after a non-heart hits to foil a free-card play.

topspin
09-05-2004, 01:15 PM
btw, unless you're playing Pacific, you'll probably find using Bison's converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) easier than transcribing your games by hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Results:

<font color="white">
MP2 showed Two Pair, Aces over Deuces. He held A2o! </font>

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 01:19 PM
topspin,

I am playing over at Prima so the converter doesn't work for me /images/graemlins/frown.gif

As you can see in my first post I wrote that MP1 folded and I then wrote that MP1 bet, replace MP1 with MP2 after the flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif