PDA

View Full Version : AQ in Late.

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 12:26 PM
A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pre-flop: EP raises (Loose), MP calls, MP2 calls, I call SB calls, BB calls. Was it right to cold call here?

Flop (12SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, BB checks, EP bets, MP folds, MP2 calls, I raise, SB calls, BB folds, EP reraises, MP2 calls, I call, SB calls.

Turn (12BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, EP bets, MP2 calls, I call, SB calls.

River (16BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks, EP checks, MP2 checks, I bet, SB calls, EP folds (?), MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 18BB

Jimbobobb
09-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Eh, you said EP was loose, so personally I'd 3-bet here against a loose raiser, but with this table being cold call happy, I'm not sure about that one - hopefully someone will chime in with some words of wisdom about this.

Flop looks good.

Raise the turn. You said EP is loose, so his raise could mean anything. You most likely have the best hand, and have 2 players trapped for 2 more bets, and the guy behind you might call it too.

River looks good

cab4656
09-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Preflop you must be raising or folding this against an EP raiser. Since you have a read as loose, you probably want to raise here. Cold-calling doesn't help you at all... it doesn't help you find where you're at, and it won't help limit the field, which is what you want to do against this loose raiser.

The flop play is hard since you didn't raise. We don't know if he would've capped preflop or not, so he could have AA or KK here. Since you did CC preflop, I think the way you then played the flop was okay.

When you make two pair on the turn you have to raise. River is okay.

Your flop play is

sublime
09-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Is he just a loose player? Or a loose raiser?

Is hes just loose I fold, if he is a loose raiser than I would 3-bet.

Also raise the turn

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Results:

<font color="white">

SB showed Three of a kind, Fours. 44 in his hand. Don't think I could've gotten him to fold anyway but I definately should have raised the turn. He was a really loose chaser. My fault. </font>

sublime
09-05-2004, 12:53 PM
even if you raised the turn he should call anwways with 44, but you still should have raised.

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 12:57 PM
He should call? Do you mean he is correct to call or that they always call anyway ?

sublime
09-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Do you mean he is correct to call or that they always call anyway ?

Well if he held the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif he would definitly be calling correctly, in this case he didnt but he would still be making the correct decision. lets breakdown his outs

he has 4 outs to the wheel and we should discount one of them for the backdoor flush possabilty.

So say, 3.5?

He has 2 outs to a set (doesnt hold the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif so again lets discount)

How does 1.5 sound?

So we can say 5 outs in total, if you raise there will be 16bb in the pot and 8-1 back to him.

He should call (of course there will be times he will split the pot, but other times he wont and will make 2-3 BB's on the river)

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Ah yes, I completely missed the straightdraw, I'm sorry /images/graemlins/blush.gif

sublime
09-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Ah yes, I completely missed the straightdraw, I'm sorry

Your opponent may have also. If you had raised he *may* have folded. People always assume fish just make bad calls, they are just as capable of making bad folds.

What kind of raiser was villian? loose raiser or loose player? there is a huge difference.

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 01:22 PM
He wasn't really a super LAG, he did raise with hands like KT, QT, JT and those offsuit hands from early. So I really should've raised him pre-flop.

Quercus
09-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Fold or raise preflop. If you raise and he caps, you can probably assume he's ahead of you. If he just calls, he's not on AA-QQ in all likelihood.

Against a normal or unknown player, I'm dumping AQo against an EP raise. If I've got a solid read that EQ has loose raising standards, then its a raise. I can't see a good reason to just cold call though.