PDA

View Full Version : Outdrawn all day..

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I've been getting outdrawn all day and lost about 40BB so I decided to end it for the day and just analyze the hands I lost on and post some of them here.

8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif in BB. 6 in the pot including me.

Flop (6SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, I bet, Everyone calls except one in MP.

Turn (5.5BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, I call, everyone calls except one in EP.

River (9.5BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, Everyone calls.

Should I have folded this at any point? I couldn't be sure if he had the flush, he could just as well had an Ace. What do you think?

Jimbobobb
09-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Raise the turn. If he really had the flush and was any kind of decent player he would have check-raised the flop. (Don't get me wrong, he still might have the flush). Raising the turn faces everyone with two bets cold and might get single diamonds and gutshots to fold. I'd also tend to think I still have the best hand.

afk
09-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Raise the turn there.

And don't worry about it, I've been getting outdrawn all day as well. Mainly by 2,3,4 or 5 outers - it happens and it'll turn around.

Quercus
09-05-2004, 12:54 PM
I might have tried a check-raise on the flop.

He's most likely putting you on jacks based on your flop bet. Raise him on the turn. If he raises you back, then start worrying about getting beat.

If he's passively playing a flush on the turn, you're toast, but passive play in that situation is more likely to indicate a pair of aces than a flush.

wuarhg
09-05-2004, 03:03 PM
Results:

<font color="white">
SB shows 74 of diamonds and has the flush. </font>

ThunderAces
09-05-2004, 04:02 PM
U gotta go with ur gut on the turn.
If you think he needs the flush to bet there u should fold otherwise raise and fold to a three bet. Foldings not too bad bottom two with 3 diamonds and a card to go ain't no lock. What I wouldn't do is call.