PDA

View Full Version : New 527 group's Advertisements

GWB
09-05-2004, 09:24 AM
There is a new group called MoveOnForAmerica.org that will be running anti-Kerry ads. The topics seem kind of obscure. What do you think?

From their website:

The first ad will feature John Kerry’s role as a private attorney in 1982, when he secured freedom and parole for his client George Reissfelder who pled guilty to attempted murder of a police officer, bur never served his 15-year sentence because Kerry successfully secured his parole. The parole was in Florida because Mr. Kerry’s client had escaped during a furlough, just like Willie Horton. Once a free man, thanks to John Kerry, Kerry’s would-be cop killer client brazenly continued his life of crime as part of a Mafia-controlled drug ring.

The second ad, which will be aired at a later date will feature the political alliance John Kerry has forged with Al Sharpton, focusing on Mr. Sharpton’s history, which was rarely mentioned during his 2004 run for president. Instead of the charismatic and witty Sharpton seen during his presidential bid, Americans will be educated about the real Al Sharpton, who recently blamed America for the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the Sharpton who called Adolph Hitler “a great man”; the Sharpton who urged college students to kill police officers; and the Sharpton leading the picketing of a white-owned store in Harlem [calling the Jewish owner a ‘white interloper”], resulting in the store being burned down by one of Sharpton’s followers, killing seven people. The ad will include footage of Sharpton in his own words, and Mr. Kerry’s hinting of Shartpon becoming part of a Kerry administration.

Later ads will feature John Kerry’s raising political funds from known leaders of the Cali drug cartel, as well as other unethical [and possibly criminal] behavior by Kerry regarding his finances when he was dead broke between his two marriages.

Ray Zee
09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
yes kerry should be in jail for leading people into believing falsehoods and the end result being deaths of americans. bush would never do that would he. did he.

the bottom line is both of these candidates interest is not the same as the people they pretend to represent.

GWB
09-05-2004, 12:48 PM
My take on the ads:

Ad 1: It is silly to go on about an issue that can be related to the Willie Horton ad by the liberal media. The myth of Horton is that it was an unfair attack on Dukakis by GHWB. The myth is not true, but why invite the liberal media to go on about it when Kerry's Senate record is so ripe for discussion?

Ad 2: Who cares about who he associates with? Sharpton did run against him in the Primaries.

They should discuss better issues, of which there are many. This effort is a waste of money and may help Kerry by making people think this is all that can be dug up on Kerry. Use these issues: Kerry's Record (http://www.gop.com/KerryCorner/)

cardcounter0
09-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Why are these anti-Kerry ads?

The first ad shows as private attorney he did his job the best he could defending his client. It is called the criminal justice system. The fact that even the most evil scum bag has rights and can't be lynched by a mob is part of what makes this Country great. Some would like to tear up the Constitution and do away with the right to trial, but I'm glad some people still support the system.

The second ad brings up the spector of the BLACK BOOGIE MAN. Whooooo! I'm surprised they don't say that electing Kerry will put the evil Satan Hillary one step closer to her plan of world domaination.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The third ad is a good subject to explore. Let's check criminal financial connections to drug cartels and terrorists for both candidates. Unethical [and possibly criminal] behavior by both candidates regarding their finances? They could make an 8 hour mini-series on the Bush Clan alone!

MaxPower
09-05-2004, 04:30 PM
At first, I thought this site was a parody when I read this quote:

[ QUOTE ]
New 527 Organization
"MoveOnForAmerica.org"
to Expose the Real John Kerry With
the Most Brutal, Hard-hitting Ads Ever Seen!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I watched the ads and realized that it was not a parody. This guy is actually proud of himself for producing the most brutal ads ever. How sad.

What the hell is a would-be cop killer anyway? So the way I understand the ad Kerry was a lawyer who represented his client and was successful. That's how our justice system works. The fact that this guy later took a shot at a police officer is irrelevant.

As far as the Sharpton ad goes, I'm sure we could find pictures of Bush embracing people who are just as despicable.