PDA

View Full Version : 2+2ers at muckleshoot (long)

07-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Well last night I was able to meet 3 other 2+2ers at Muckleshoot. KJS (Kevin) and Bernie were both playing when I arrived at 5:30. They left the game and we went and sat down to get a bite to eat before the tourney. Majorkong (Ed) showed up a bit later.

After dinner we all signed up for the NL Tourney. The tourney costs $45 with unlimited $20 rebuys for the 1st hour. There was 8 full tables last night.

My tourney was fairly boring and card unfriendly. I needed a rebuy when I was all-in with trip 4's but lost to a bigger kicker. My second all-in also failed when my opponent hit a flush on the river to take my pair down. My next all-in was preflop with ATs ( after a few limpers) with 450 chips when the blinds were 50-100, I had 4 callers and liked the flop of Q33 ( 2 of my suit). The next card was another Q. One of my opponents bet all-in with 76 pushing the others out. So it looked good for my hand until a 3rd queen caused a split pot. After the rebuy's had ended I was lucky when I re-raised the cutoff's small raise all-in with AQ. He had AK. I outflopped him. The next round I was unlucky when my AJ lost to A4. I went all-in a few hands later with T8s and lost to the same player who called with JT. Oh well, my biggest pair was 66. I was out 50ish out of 82.

Kevin, Bernie and Ed all outlasted me. Bernie was out next when he was involved in a 4 way all-in pre-flop. He had KQ and lost to AJ. He was 45th or so.

Kevin was soon blinded out and was out in the 40's.

Bernie was the hero of the group. He made the final table and placed 9th and won some money.

I played some 4-8 after the tourney. In the 1st half hour I had AA 3 times and QQ once. Unfortunately I lost once with AA and also lost with QQ. There were 2 players who were some of the biggest whiners of all time. One was a lady who seemed like a regular. She complained all the time. Another was an older guy who continously complained when he lost. He was warned a few times about throwing cards and swearing. He was generous enough to donate 300+ in a few hours. He never raised and rarely bet his hands. I can't imagine he ever wins. Near the end of the night, we had a fullblown maniac show up. He played nearly every hand and raised everytime he played except once. Post flop he played better but he still pushed the pots. Once he pushed and pushed and on the river he hit a set of 2's. Very few players on the table knew how to handle this player. He pushed and made money. The 1st hand I was against this player and another, I checkraised on a paired board and he folded. A few hands later we were headsup. I 3 bet him with AQ pre-flop. I betout on a K83 flop and he raised. The turn was another K and I check-raised him. He folded and I showed my bluff. I left a few minutes later with a small profit.

Ken Poklitar

ohKanada@Hotmail.com

07-26-2002, 08:44 PM
Ken et al,

It was great to put some faces to names and sit and talk poker for a bit. I wish the tourney was more eventful for more of our group but c'est la vie. I appreciated your comments about my play in the tourney. I will remember to be more aggressive next time, especially when my stack gets low.

Good luck with your move.

As far as bernie and Ed go, see you again soon.

KJS

07-26-2002, 10:29 PM
yep, me and vin were in different games. i didnt even see him. i was watching the bar for him...til i heard someone say my name a coule times. looking over i see KJS smilin at me. he was in a nice game...

the OH showed up, so they came and dragged me kicking and screaming from my game. hahaha j/k

but it was a good game...

so we went to eat and yap. i left and went to check if MK showed up...got him and brought him to the table....

nice roundtable discussion ensued. so nice to be able to openly talk about cards. since ya cant really do it at the tables...lots of stories/ideas/opinions shared...

then tourney time...

i have MK at my table along with a bud of KJS and mine. my sunday night rival...he mentions what are the odds we be at the same table next to each other. and I have position on him. haha which i reminded him of course...he reeeaaly hated when it folded to him in the sb and he had to fold his blind to me....both times i had AK so i was HOPING hed try something.. /images/wink.gif

MK played pretty tight, ever play a hand dude? haha again..j/k he was playing pretty good for not being used to no limit.

my main hand? blinds were up there so limping in with KK gettng 4 callers then going all in and winning. that set me up for at least a run to the final table...

after i busted out on a dumbass move, i talked with OH a little, he seemed to be in a good game, then headed for the door. saw MK at the front door game. he was about ready to leave, but we got yappin about stuff after he left the table...

so after checkin out the waitresses a little more i left...

it was a fun night overall....i think i already posted that? so what..it was still fun.

hope to do it again sometime....i think i have yet to play KJS in a live ring game though...hmmm...eventually....

til then...

b

07-27-2002, 01:34 AM
Hey guys... cool night last night. I would write a novel here, but I'm off to Lil's. See you all soon, and thanks a lot for the tips, Ken... I appreciate it. /images/smile.gif