PDA

View Full Version : ATs, monotone flop

Cerril
09-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Cerril is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Cerril raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Cerril bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Cerril calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, Cerril calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Cerril checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Too passive? Should I have put more money in the pot, or should I have gotten out? I know this level isn't known for high quality players or anything but there seem to be a lot of ways I'm beat.
Would folding the turn bet be a one-in-seven against a random opponent?
What if the river had been bet? I'm deathly afraid of becoming a calling station but I couldn't justify raising, and folding seemed a little weak.

Fiddler
09-05-2004, 03:59 AM
I would probably bet the river... but my river play has been a bit off.

Cerril
09-05-2004, 04:09 AM
It would seem that betting the river with this board and this action would make folding a checkraise the right move (even if checkraising would be a bizarre thing on the river).

Do you think chance that I'm ahead and the chance that I might get bluffraised add up to making checking through a reasonable move?

cab4656
09-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I would bet the river. The river is a blank and SB's check seems to indicate weakness. I wouldn't expect to be check-raised here. I think you probably end up splitting with another ace. Maybe he checked because he had A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif and missed his flush or something.

wabe
09-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Agreed. I think he had a high club and was hoping to see his fourth club.

Bet the river.

ThunderAces
09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
With there being 3 clubs on the flop, I would do like u and just call his c/r. Most likely your hand is good unless he has A6, maybe AJ surely with AQ AK he 3 bets before the flop.This way if a club hits the turn you save a lttle, plus noone is folding at this point. The six seems bad for u givin any ace a split but I believe he has the Qc maybe with a K. Still you must raise the turn, if he three bets you can fold no problem. If he has Ax you can still hit K or T to beat him, MP might have a smaller club or a king he may lay down. I would rather put the extra bet in here than on the river. Not a lot of hands callin u on the river that u can beat. The flush draws ain't givin u no more money. They could easily both have a flush draw.

Cerril
09-05-2004, 07:04 PM
SB shows Jc 9c (flush, ace high).
MP shows 4c Js (one pair, sixes).
Cerril shows Ts As (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 10 BB.

So it turns out I did the right thing for the wrong reasons. He misplayed the hand, and caused me to misplay the hand. That's why I was asking for advice though, I wanted to make sure (basically) I should have lost more money here.

detruncate
09-05-2004, 08:50 PM
I like the turn raise too. I probably would have 3-bet the flop, and then wondered afterwards why I didn't wait for the turn. The way you played it, I'd bet the river when checked to.

Dav123
09-06-2004, 02:21 AM
"Would folding the turn bet be a one-in-seven against a random opponent?"

This math is no good due to the fact that the hand doesn't end here.