PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous styles

10-06-2001, 02:28 PM
Who or what is the absolute hardest style for a tight-aggressive style to beat? In other words, who does the most damage to the solid player?

Opinions please...

10-06-2001, 05:30 PM
IMHO it's the maniac aggressive. Correct play may beat em in the long run, but ohhhhh the swings, the nasty swings....

10-06-2001, 09:31 PM
you fold too much

i bluff-raise, you're gone

then i show and you see, next time you have to call

i just bluff more against you, turn the tables

you cannot be "tight-aggressive" because, by definition, any playing style gives away too much information in it's very consistency.

tight-aggressive counts on you getting stupid, passive callers. if you think i'm loose, betting with nothing, next thing you're just aggressive but not tight. if two of us at the table are loose other than you, we'll raise against each other until you have to call but can't raise yourself because you can't read two of us, and you're passive. we'll fold every time you bet until you realize you'll make more bluffing that pot-building, and so on, 'round and 'round...

so, in conclusion, the playing style that is most dangerous to you is the guy who has no constant style, but rather changes gears constantly based on what he thinks you think his style is! by putting him on a style, you have fallen for the trap.

- the guy

10-06-2001, 10:59 PM
"so, in conclusion, the playing style that is most dangerous to you [or anyone (<--added)] is the guy who has no constant style,"

Yup.

10-07-2001, 12:18 AM
Agreed, a dangerous style (or no-style)indeed. However, wouldn't you agree that one can recognize the "no-style" player and say "hmm, this guy mixes it up well...let me get to his left . If i'm good enough, I WILL pick up bluffing opportunities against him, and CAN out-play this kind of opponent". A good "tight-agressive" mixes it up pretty good as well. I think you are confusing "Tight-aggressive" with "weak-tight". If I can't get good table position on him or THEM...or there are too many of THEM, I'm gone. I do agree, but I've played against these types before and it just encourages me to mix it up with them more, not foolishly though. I usually do fine...but they are very dangerous if they are REAL good! I just find a better game...

That's a good one.

Thanks for your opinion,

Bill K.