PDA

View Full Version : Poker in a beer comercial

Usul
09-04-2004, 10:41 PM
I was watching college football today as I was four tabling at empire, so naturally I wasn't paying full attention. However, I caught the end of a Sam Adams commercial where a few guys are playing a home game, one of the guys bluffs the pot and turns over 72o, to the disgust of the other players. My point is this: has hold 'em embedded itself so deep in our pop culture that a beer commercial can give the target audience credit for understanding the structure of hold 'em and the evident crappiness of the 72o? (BTW if this hand doesn't already have a nickname, somebody here should come up with a good one)

MMMMMM
09-04-2004, 11:47 PM
I saw that commercial last week, and boy was the table pissed at being bluffed out by a lousy 72o. The bluffer almost couldn't believe it himself for an instant. Great commercial.

Boris
09-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Miller beer has good one.

The Manly Man is playing 5 card draw. You see the hand he is holding and it is a piece of crap. The Manly Man's thoughts are voiced over "you don't need to be a sanitation engineer to know garbage when you see it."

He then promptly draws 3 cards and keeps the 2-3o. Kind of subtle but I lmao when I caught it.

daryn
09-05-2004, 12:29 AM
easy, i have always called 72o the whip

worst hand in poker

Ryner
09-05-2004, 01:00 AM
That's just crazy enough to work!

Michael Davis
09-05-2004, 02:39 AM
72o is known as the Beer Hand, fittingly enough.

-Michael