PDA

View Full Version : BB trips

J-Lo
09-04-2004, 09:49 PM
How do i play this hand? Am i supposed to lose more than 25 BB w/ flopped trips? Can i get away form this hand earlier? later? i was behind the whole time, but i didn't know what to put the limper on, he had been limping alot, and rarely betting/raising... Should i have folded on the river? How would you play this hand? Is there a better line to take?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Button ($50.35)</font>
SB ($9.50)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($25)</font>
UTG ($24.35)
UTG+1 ($6.70)
MP1 ($19.80)
MP2 ($7.95)
MP3 ($32.15)
CO ($6)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,25,25,25,

Flop: ($1.25) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets $0.25</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls $2.

Turn: ($7.50) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

River: ($17.50) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

Final Pot: $27.50
<font color="green">Main Pot: $27.50, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button ($27.50).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 7h 4d (three of a kind, sevens).
Button shows Tc 9c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins $27.50. </font>

BTW this was a .25 BB game... I just wanna know how do i play this better? Was i put on a hard decision on any street? Do i check-fold the river? Do i check call the turn? or check fold? HELP!

AncientPC
09-04-2004, 10:54 PM
With a flush draw and straight draw on the turn, I would've bet much bigger. Maybe 1.5x to 2x pot size.

It was just a bad suck out, but these people pay you off in the long run if that's any relief.

J-Lo
09-05-2004, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With a flush draw and straight draw on the turn, I would've bet much bigger. Maybe 1.5x to 2x pot size.

It was just a bad suck out, but these people pay you off in the long run if that's any relief.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i bet 2x the pot on the flop, that gets my chips so far committed that i most definetley have to pay off trip 7's w/ better kicker or a full house...
Should I get into the habit of overbetting draw-heavy pots?

Also, i don't think it was such a bad suckout, would u or anyone have folded to my flop check-raise? He turned the straight, and rivered the flush. he was better than 5-1 to catch his straight/flush on the turn. And I payed him $10 after he only had to call $2, but if i were to bet more, any hand which i beat will fold. Alota people at these limts will stick around w/ a pocket pair of 8's thinking I'm bluffing and their hand is good.

Pokerho
09-05-2004, 03:12 AM
In this case, it wasn't such a bad suckout, but in most cases you probably won't face drawers with this many outs. Perhaps a bigger reraise would have let him know he was behind? A bigger bet on the turn wouldn't have helped you here as he obviously had already caught his card.

GoSox
09-05-2004, 09:33 AM
I like your play except for the turn, that's where you want to end the hand. These are tricky flops because you flopped trips on a flop that may have missed most other people. If someone doesnt have a draw, you are not going to win very much. So, in these scenarios I usually try to feed the pot some on the flop and then win it on the turn.