PDA

View Full Version : Why am i not folding?

cnfuzzd
09-04-2004, 09:41 PM
I liked this one. It was fun.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (12 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

River: (16 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19 BB, between Hero, UTG+2 and MP1.</font>

Well, i am sometimes a fuzzy bunny, but i goes well with my twitchy nose and copulative habits. Anythink i should have tried to checkraise the flop? I thought that would have been fun. Probably just my LAG getting itself on though. Either way, when it came to it, i just wasnt ready to checkraise a TP non-topkicker with out my four to a flush. So i didnt.

peace

john nickle

SomethingClever
09-05-2004, 12:45 AM
Why'd you lead the turn after check/calling the flop?

You're probably ahead, but it's a tough hand to protect... were you hoping the flop would get checked through so you could give players worse odds to draw on the turn?

Also, why'd you 3-bet preflop? I'd probably muck or call with this hand out of position against UTG+1's raise.

Note: I love raising KQs from all positions... just have trouble playing it when someone's already raised.

cnfuzzd
09-05-2004, 01:46 AM
&lt;&lt;&lt;Why'd you lead the turn after check/calling the flop?&gt;&gt;&gt;

It was a sheer play move. Betting out on the flop didnt seem right to me, since i was betting into someone happy enough to cap after limping, which with this table mean pocket pair, not neccesarily high, or big suited cards. either way, betting out would mean i would be putting two bets in on the flop, with a hand im not entirely comfortable with. I was waiting for the turn to be a diamond, hopefully the A or J, and then check raising. I almost got my wish. However, this table had also featured these passive players making alot of "expert" laydowns against odd bets or raises when i didnt think the were warrented. I was willing to put two bets in on the turn, and thought i might get more fold value out of acting like the fishy player with the flush. Also, since my TP my not be good and i might need to spike an A to win, an odd bet would possible get AQ to call instead of rasing. Not my best moment.

&lt;&lt;&lt;You're probably ahead, but it's a tough hand to protect... were you hoping the flop would get checked through so you could give players worse odds to draw on the turn?&gt;&gt;

I suspected i was around 50/50 to be the best hand. And, with all the preflop action i didnt want it to come back 3-bet or capped to me, forcing me to take horrible odds, or fold in this silly big pot. So, i checked my weak position, to see what would happen. As for protecting my hand, it seemed a must to wait to the turn to do just about anything,

&lt;&lt;&lt;Also, why'd you 3-bet preflop? I'd probably muck or call with this hand out of position against UTG+1's raise.&gt;&gt;&gt;

Value raise. If it had been folded to me, i would still probably have called but been aggressively looking for a reason to fold the flop. But, with the callers, i raised based on my hands potential. I have a draw to the second nut flush, and any straight i make is probably going to be good.

results to come tomorrow, they are exciting.

peace

john nickle

Gatts
09-05-2004, 01:51 AM
So MP1 hit his runner runner royal?

cnfuzzd
09-06-2004, 07:20 AM
close. One flips over TT for the set, and the river better flips over..............................

KcQc. Choppy choppington.

peace

john nickle

Webster
09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
I would have bet the flop instead of check calling. It showed weakness and after the preflop frenzy I would want to continue to show I was not scared.