PDA

View Full Version : Folding Draws

Gamblor
09-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Heads up 15/30 on Full Tilt

I have J8s in the BB, Opponent completes.

Flop comes:

KQT, none of my suit.

Opponent bets.

I fold.

Correct?

Nate tha' Great
09-04-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heads up 15/30 on Full Tilt

I have J9s in the BB, Opponent completes.

Flop comes:

KQT, none of my suit.

Opponent bets.

I fold.

Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either you posted the hand incorrectly or Canadians really are as dumb as advertised.

NLSoldier
09-04-2004, 08:26 PM
Im not sure about full tilt, but had this been on party i think it would be an easy fold, everyone knows the river will be a jack and your opponent will take it down with his A2o /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Gamblor
09-04-2004, 08:28 PM
The post is corrected.

I missed by one.

I had J8, not J9.

Nate tha' Great
09-04-2004, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The post is corrected.

I missed by one.

I had J8, not J9.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't like folding in a heads up match. There's no real reason to think that your OSED won't be good and your opponent may be doing nothing more than taking advantage of the added folding equity that he gets from being first to act, given that he knows your hand is somewhat less likely to contain big paint cards since you did not raise preflop. I would probably raise the flop and proceed from there.

chio
09-05-2004, 10:03 AM
i agree with raising

yes the pot is tiny, and that board makes it likely that you're opponent has a pair

but the fact that it's heads up means you must play aggressively whenever you have any sort of hand

4 outs to the nuts + 4 outs to probable best hand + 3 possible jack outs + possibility opponent is bluffing + must show you'll put in marginal raises heads up = raise this flop

it is close though, because your pair outs are probably no good and the texture of the board makes splitting the pot likely as well, i really am raising "to see where i'm at" - maybe he'll fold ace high