PDA

View Full Version : 3-table boat hand

Beavis68
09-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I know this is a STT forum but the 3 table SnGs seem more like STT than MTTs. This on party poker.

Down to about 16 players.

I have 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB, blinds are 50/100 but the level is almost over. My stack is 1770 after posting.

The button (3880) limps and the SB (3050) completes.

I consider pushing all-in, but decide it is too likely these guys will call with K10 or JT so some crap, and I don't feel like a coin flip right now.

Flop is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB and I check, button checks

Turn is a 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif - YEAH BABY! Bring it home!

SB bets out 100, I flat call hoping to trap both of them. I figure he has a weak Queen, or maybe a K7. He could even have a flush draw, or nothing. Button folds.

The river is a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, this is not the card I was hoping for - but still, I think I have the best hand unless he has QQ which just seems unlikely.

SB bets out 500, and I have a choice, flat call, or all-in for another 1170. with 75/150 blinds coming.

How do you guys play it?

Desdia72
09-04-2004, 04:16 PM
100 hoping to trap the other two players. i would have reraised the size of the pot after the SB bet 100. if he has Q Q, now is the time to find out. my thinking is, i got the free card i needed by everybody checking, from here on out...i'm making it more expensive to go any further.

Lori
09-04-2004, 04:47 PM
I raise on the turn, though enough to keep it reasonable.

That way I can get a drawing hand to pay to try and (hopefully hit) draw to a flush.

Lori

adanthar
09-04-2004, 05:26 PM
This does look awfully like a Q or a slowplayed 2...but probably not QQ. A decent (but not great) player with one or two queens would play this hand almost exactly the same. I would be worried about something like A2s, however.

Then again, you'd only have 4xBB left...eh, I'd all in and worry about it later.

AtlBrvs4Life
09-04-2004, 05:48 PM
I think not going all-in on the river is a mistake here. There are a lot of worse hands that will call you and only a couple better hands.

Beavis68
09-04-2004, 06:13 PM
Thanks all, I guess if another Q hit, that would be bad for me, so I should have worried about that, but i still thought it was possible he was bluffing, and I wanted to double up really badly.

He had A-2s - what a horrible, evil hand?

I would have had 1170 if I had just called - so about 7+ BB.

m2smith2
09-04-2004, 10:22 PM
on the A2

willperkins
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
I love to play those 3 table SNGs.
First of all, I wouldn't have tried to trap. On the turn, I would have raised the SB and bet the pot after the seven flopped completing my little boat. If he called the raise and bet into me on the river I would have called.

To answer your question about what to do after SB bet into me for 500, I would have just called.