PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy football team

vulturesrow
09-04-2004, 10:58 AM
So I missed our live draft last night and I didnt pre-rank the players, so basically I got the default picks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif HEre is the team I have right now. Id be interested to hear from some of you on 2 question.

1) Overall, what do you think about the strength of my team?
2) Where do I need to do some serious tinkering?

I have my own thoughts already but I'll keep them to myself for now until I see what others think. Our league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, and 1DT

QBs:
Tommy Maddox, PITT
Aaron Brooks, NOS

RBs:
TJ Duckket, ATL
William Green, CLE
Edgerrin James, IND
Jamal Lewis, BAL
Chris PErry, CIN
Onterrio Smith, MIN

WRs:
Marty Booker, MIA
Andre Davis, CLE
Eric Moulds, BUF
Rod Smith, DEN
Hines Ward, PIT

TE:
Bubba Franks, GBP

PK:
David Akers, PHI

Def:
Tampa Bay

Looking forward to your thoughts. I think this is going to be real fun for me as far as tinkering and matchups and whatnot just because I didnt do the drafting.

Chris

hutz
09-04-2004, 11:53 AM
First off, you got very, very lucky if this was autopicked for you. The few times I've had that happen to me I've had really crappy teams.

Assuming your league has at least ten teams and uses pretty standard yardage/TD rules:

QB -- you are in decent shape if Brooks is able to play to start the season. If not, you've got issues. Maddox could bounce back and have a good year, but you're playing with fire if he ends up being your QB1 at the start of the season.

RB -- good starters if Lewis is able to postpone/play during his trial. Smith and Perry could end up with their respective jobs by the middle of the season. Beyond that, though, you have no depth, so you're going to be playing a weak player during your starters' bye weeks.

WR -- Ward and Moulds are nice, Smith is an acceptable WR3, but your bench is pretty weak.

TE -- Franks is #10 on my draft list.

K -- Kickers are fungible. In an autodraft, you generally lose your eighth or ninth round pick on one. That costs you a good WR4, RB4, or QB2. Judging from your bench, that's exactly what happened here.

Def -- TB is a good one, but it likely came at the expense of a good mid-round pick (see the K comments above).

Overall -- this team can contend but if there are more than two or three astute owners who actually attended the draft and held off drafting a K and Def until the end of the draft, your championship hopes rest on being able to swing some sweet trades, picking up an undrafted player who explodes in the first couple weeks (think Kurt Warner a few years back), having your backup RBs work their way into a starting role, or some combo thereof.

bugstud
09-04-2004, 02:16 PM
I really don't like his backup RB's, but this team isn't too bad. I like Booker over Smith at WR3, but he does have a couple appealing options there. You may want to pray other higher profile backups if they're around. Perry is not on my list of guys that'll do much this year, maybe a Tony Hollings instead?