PDA

View Full Version : Good check through or clear value bet?

fnord_too
09-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Value bet this river? I'm worried that I won't get called by a hand I beat often enough here. If I do bet and get raised I have to lay this down, no?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.25 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

chio
09-04-2004, 09:34 AM
check looks good

Michael Davis
09-04-2004, 09:58 AM
I like the check, but I think it's closer than it looks. Fact is, most players bet out here when they have an ace because the standard play is to check through like you did. You will get called by worse hands if you bet, I think it is close but still a check.

-Michael

fyodor
09-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah most Aces (and some just pretend Aces) would be betting out here afraid of the check through, but no matter what the correct answer is (if there is one) I am pretty sure I would be just checking behind like you.

rory
09-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Since it is 1 card to either end of the straight I check. He might be checking a 9 because he doesn't want to bet and then get raised. In these situations if there is a 1 card to the straight out there that does not make an open ender I bet if checked to, otherwise I check.

-rory