PDA

View Full Version : Basic (I think) AKo Hand

parappa
09-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Party 10+1. First hand of tournament. Blinds 10/15. 10 players with 800 each.

2 limpers to Hero in MP, who has AcKs.

Hero raises to 60.

BB and UTG call. Pot 205.

Flop: 8dKh7h.

BB bets 100. UTG raises to 200. Hero ??

trumpman84
09-04-2004, 08:58 AM
Hard decision. It's quite possible you have the best hand. If I'm BB, I bet out when I hit my king and UTG's raise doesn't necessarily mean two pair, he could be protecting his king/high kicker.

But then again, it's the first hand of the tourney, and really you've only invested 60 chips in it. I'm guessing if you stay in, you'll end up with all your chips in one way or another, so I'm thinking push or fold.

Phill S
09-04-2004, 09:57 AM
being the first hand id consider a push. if you lose, its tough but you start another. if you win though you set the tone for the rest of the game, and you let the others know that you are the one in charge here.

push, and hope your ahead. but you will be called by enough worse hands i think this is a pretty easy move.

when you played the AK this is what you wanted. so you just have to grit the teath and cross the fingers.

Phill

reecelights
09-04-2004, 12:38 PM
1st hand at Party: Lay it down.
Tipoff: minimum raise trying to get paid off.
Other logic: Many Party 10/1 players tend to play anything in first 10 hands. I only risk my stack in the first 10 hands with a much better hand than TPTK.

I would think UTG has 2 pair. 87, but knowing Party, could have K8 or 7.

BB may have T9, 98, 76, or KT-Kx

Even if you have the best hand, hope they showdown and learn something from their play.