PDA

View Full Version : ATs in UTG

StuR
09-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Very loose table. Correct to check/fold? I have middle pair with an overcard (4 clean outs, 1 partial) And my hand susceptible to redraws to hearts or the straight. Or is My play too passive? Who bets this flop?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds, UTG+2 calls.

Cheers

StuR

prayformojo
09-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Raising this pre-flop could have made your decision much easier. SOP for me would be to raise this pre-flop, bet the flop, call a single raise, and check/fold the turn unimproved.

helpmeout
09-04-2004, 10:46 AM
1. ATs at a loose table is a good call, I wouldn't raise it UTG cos you want callers for your nut flush not be heads up vs a better hand.

2. Good fold

afk
09-04-2004, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. ATs at a loose table is a good call, I wouldn't raise it UTG cos you want callers for your nut flush not be heads up vs a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is a definite raise. Most of the time you aren't going to win with the flush. And in any case, at Party $.5/1, you'll get callers a lot of the time whether you raise or not.

Edit: I should clarify - Most of the time you aren't going to make a flush with this hand. Obviously you'll win with the nut flush most of the time.