PDA

View Full Version : Living overseas, playing poker online, and banging exotic women....

collegeplayer1
09-04-2004, 04:14 AM
Im on vacation in Bangkok right now. Food is great and cheap. Lots of food stands that serves meals for .5 USD... KFC 3 chicken strips, 3 chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, soda for $4 USD...

Hotel Room with Pool, Fan for $8 USD/night.

THAI SANDWICH ----Use your imagination---- $60 USD

...Okay say, as being only 18, and making about $60/hour, Ive decided that I need to take a year or two off, save up a coupel hundred thousand dollars while double wrapping it and putting it in many places...

Where are some of the best places around the world to do this? I realize that internet gambling is illegal in Thailand, but come on, there have to be some ways to get around this...

What about Cambodia, Vietnam, Phillippines? Does anyone know a good website with information on the legality of internet gambling around the world?

I think the Phillippines has outlawed internet gambling, which is too bad because they speak english, so it'd be easy to get around...

Anyways if you want to brain storm on this sort of thing with me, please feel free to PM me... Maybe we can even go into it together, so it will be easier to figure everything out... getting set up with an apartment, getting hooked up online, etc....

well, thats that, Im going to go get some more grub and flirt with some of these asians chicks...

PS: No one in Asia is fat... NO ONE... I lvoe petite slender girls... In the US that eliminates 90% of them...

I am God.

collegeplayer1
09-04-2004, 04:33 AM
bump

Losing all
09-04-2004, 05:04 AM
I'd like to get out to the islands. Maybe for a few months, maybe a few years. Not sure I'd feel very safe in Bangkok or the like though.

Watch your wallet, watch your back, and don't get your throat cut.

collegeplayer1
09-04-2004, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to get out to the islands. Maybe for a few months, maybe a few years. Not sure I'd feel very safe in Bangkok or the like though.

Watch your wallet, watch your back, and don't get your throat cut.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you joking?

its strange but i feel insanely safe in bangkok. yeah, there are alot of scams but i think physical violence is very rare in bangkok. I am much more afraid of STD's than guns or knifes.

Bangkok is much safer than the average US city.

Losing all
09-04-2004, 05:19 AM
I could be way off base, and I'm sure it's fairly safe for the locals that speak the language and know what they're doing. Stranger in a strange land looks like an easy mark to a criminal though. (See Miami)

bromad1972
09-04-2004, 08:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im on vacation in Bangkok right now. Food is great and cheap. Lots of food stands that serves meals for .5 USD..

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...first of all, if you are paying $5 from street vendors for ANYTHING you are being anally probed without a kiss.

And there are plenty of fat asians, just go to the mall and sit, the western diet and activity levels are starting to catch up to them.

Thailand is a wonderful place and Bangkok is a non stop party if you want it to be. And you are correct, violence is not nearly as common there as it is in the states, but when it happens, it happens with a vengeance.

Oh yeah, here is a helpful hint. Go to the crocodile farm in Samut Prakan. Thousands of farm raised croc, lots of stuff made from the skin etc. But the real beauty of the place is getting your picture taken with baby tiger cubs, baby chimps...and seeing the orangutangs drinking beer from a can.

1800GAMBLER
09-04-2004, 08:48 AM
KO SAMUI.

It's illegal to gamble, but they aren't going to check. You could get an internet connection set up in your own apartment but it would be tough. Well worth it though. Learn to dive.

scotnt73
09-04-2004, 09:18 AM
he said .5=50 cents not 5 dollars

William
09-04-2004, 11:33 AM
And then there is Aids, gonorre, syphyllis... and if you are lucky your stomach disorder will last only a few years.
I hope they sell large size diapers in thailand, and I am not talking about the "petites",

PS. Make sure they are really "petites" and not "minors", I don't think you will enjoy thai prisons (I am quite sure they don't have internet connections in the cells)

Besides this, enjoy your stay /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gamblor
09-04-2004, 01:43 PM
If you get caught gamling illegally in the US, and they really want to nail you, they'll take your bankroll and you'll get a slap on the wrist.

I don't even want to ponder what they'll do to you in the Phillipines if you get caught gambling.

pokerjo22
09-04-2004, 02:32 PM
I saw one of my friends miss getting stabbed by about an inch in Thailand. Not Bangkok, Surat Thani. A guy just suddenly lashed out at him when we were catching the ferry to Ko Pha-Ngan.

If you're gonna do this keep a large portion of your bankroll for bribes should you get caught. When I was last there the bribe for being caught on drug offences was about $5k.

Bubu
09-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Full moon party ?

1800GAMBLER
09-04-2004, 03:52 PM
That party was one of the best nights of my life. Everyone should do that. Well other than nearly dying on the journey home as every boat was too full

Blarg
09-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Jeez I guess whoring it up in Thailand is a more common experience than I thought.

That said, Thai women are famous as the most beautiful women in the world, so I can see the temptation. I'd just as soon live elsewhere than the states myself, so I can see that temptation too. It's so incredibly cheap to live very well in so many places, and to me a lot of the orient is really fascinating.

It seems you'd definitely want to be careful though. There are very active Islamic terrorists in the Phillipines and Thailand for example, and in many places around the world they just hate or look down on and turn the cold shoulder to Westerners period. Heck, even in America I constantly bump into people who think that just because I'm a white guy I have money; I have no doubt I'd look like a walking feast to bums and crooks elsewhere. I'd be kind of chicken to live in a situation without excellent security, of the non-bribable variety.

It does sound great if you can get it going right, though.

By the way, what's the rest of the story of the guy who got almost stabbed but missed by an inch? Did the stabber just decide to stop stabbing and walk away quietly?

mrjetguy
09-04-2004, 06:36 PM
I have heard that you either pay no or less tax on your gambling winnings in the UK (anyone here to back that up?). I think that if true this would be a great spot to live. Even, though I believe that living expenses are high, certainly in London.

MrBlue
09-05-2004, 12:46 PM
I've thought of the exact same idea but was looking at Central and South America instead of Asia.

It's dirt cheap to live in some of these places but of course crime, safety, and language barriers hold me back. Besides, I'm not willing to give up my job to play poker in another country when I can play poker in my country.

One thing you have to look at is the Visa issue. Some countries allow you to be in the country on a tourist visa for only 90 days. Some you may be able to exit and return to the country and get another 90 days (Travel by boat/bus, stay overnight in neighboring country, and then come back.)

You also need to look at how to get USD into the country. The best way I've seen is to have an regular American bank account at Citibank, HSBC, etc. Then have the bank 'open' the ATM card so you can use it world wide and have them waive the fee. Your winnings go directly into your acct and you withdraw it at your local ATM. I don't know about Thailand but being a tourist attraction, I'm sure there are plenty of ATMs.

And as always when abroad, know where and how to get to your home nation's consulate!

Oh ya, and watch out for stds. It's all fun and games until you start pissing out green puss.

Frozen
09-05-2004, 02:29 PM
I'm a fellow hedonist, and have heard from reputable sources that Pattaya is the REAL fleshpot of Thailand. It's just a two hour ride from bangkok. Get your ass to Pattaya son, and thank me later...

ode
09-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Blah.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Short fly from Bangkok..

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a fellow hedonist, and have heard from reputable sources that Pattaya is the REAL fleshpot of Thailand. It's just a two hour ride from bangkok. Get your ass to Pattaya son, and thank me later...

[/ QUOTE ]

ArturiusX
09-05-2004, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have heard that you either pay no or less tax on your gambling winnings in the UK (anyone here to back that up?). I think that if true this would be a great spot to live. Even, though I believe that living expenses are high, certainly in London.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same with Australia. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Frozen
09-05-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm sure many of us are interested in hearing more about Phnom Penh. Please elaborate...

smudgex68
09-06-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And then there is Aids, gonorre, syphyllis...

[/ QUOTE ]

In this context I assume you are referring to the infection gonorrhoea, rather than the well-known poster gonores - who as far as I'm aware is not in Bangkok