PDA

View Full Version : What are the average earn rates in NL?

mrjetguy
09-03-2004, 10:39 PM
I know that the 1 BB/hr is considered the norm in limit poker (though online play has sort of messed with that), however I have not heard much about average earn rates for NL. Is it so many times the BB, or is it based on the buy-in?

TheBong
09-03-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that the 1 BB/hr is considered the norm in limit poker (though online play has sort of messed with that), however I have not heard much about average earn rates for NL. Is it so many times the BB, or is it based on the buy-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard many players speak of a 10BB/100hands as a solid winrate in NL games...others may be higher, but I think that's probably the benchmark.

fimbulwinter
09-04-2004, 03:15 AM
well, in NL your advantage over other less skilled players is much larger, so the winrate is bigger compared to the blinds than in limit. this coupled with the mentality of low stakes NL players makes 20-30 BB/100 possible at something like a prima 25/50c blind with 50 dollar buyin. this is obviously not sustainable against the better players found at higher limits which is why you find many 2+2'ers with low stakes fetishes who don't move up very quickly. there's a guy named wayfare who's a solid poster who claims 70BB/100 i think, but you'd have to ask him about that one. I too have heard the 10BB/100 standard, and for a larger blind, sounds like a good, solid winrate for a skilled player.

fim