PDA

View Full Version : Made a mistake....

durhm33
09-03-2004, 10:09 PM
First of all, before I make this post, I am saying that I screwed up.

Onto the issue:
About 7 months ago I was a play money player. I have had no accounts but I was reading rec poker one day and saw an offer.

The deal was: "I will give you free 50$ if you make an account on party poker and play" Little did I know that this was an affiliate deal but that's ok. After some good solid play, I ran bad and lost the 50$. Big deal. No one cared. But then I made a mistake. I made another account and another name. I entered fake ID obviously and did this deal again. Once again I played solidly but took some hits.

After a span of about 6 months, I had done this 7 times to the same person /images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel guilty about this and I really do regret it.

Then I made a decision to stop, but before I made that decision, I did this once more and lost with a different person.

This may sound really dumb of me. I am sorry.

My question - If party catches me, how screwed am I?
Was I very wrong and/or illegal? Should I feel terrible?

any other comments appreciated!

fluff
09-03-2004, 10:24 PM
They'll probably tell your parents, and they'll ground you for misusing the internet.

Lazymeatball
09-03-2004, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then I made a decision to stop, but before I made that decision, I did this once more and lost with a different person.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

beernutz
09-03-2004, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, before I make this post, I am saying that I screwed up.

Onto the issue:
About 7 months ago I was a play money player. I have had no accounts but I was reading rec poker one day and saw an offer.

The deal was: "I will give you free 50$ if you make an account on party poker and play" Little did I know that this was an affiliate deal but that's ok. After some good solid play, I ran bad and lost the 50$. Big deal. No one cared. But then I made a mistake. I made another account and another name. I entered fake ID obviously and did this deal again. Once again I played solidly but took some hits.

After a span of about 6 months, I had done this 7 times to the same person /images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel guilty about this and I really do regret it.

This may sound really dumb of me. I am sorry.

any other comments appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading all your other posts I think you live an exciting life.

Thythe
09-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I agree with beernutz

GrannyMae
09-03-2004, 11:01 PM

wtf are you talking about:
"what is party gonna do?"

NOTHING, they are located off-shore. you are a scumbag prick that ripped someone off. i have a feeling i know who it is, and you better hope you don't ever face him.

you got a bigger thing to face, and that is the fact you are a degenerate that has become a thief because of your problem. hock your PC or you will be stealing from your family soon. stop ripping people off and get some help.

bwana devil
09-04-2004, 12:48 AM
I read the initial post thinking, "I hope Granny has taken her heart medication before she reads this post." Sure enough, Granny blew a fuse. Common Granny, we want to see you live a long prosperous life. Dont give yourself a heart attack.

crazy canuck
09-04-2004, 01:11 AM
I had done this 7 times to the same person I feel guilty about this and I really do regret it.

I believe you're full of crap. You might feel bad, but the main reason you're posted this is because you wanted to find out whether you're in any kind of trouble.

Well, luckily you're not. As granny said party is off shore and there is no law against setting up fake accounts.

It is very likely also the affiliate got paid and the only one who was screwed in the end is poor party. Well, they are not exactly poor, but what you did is still wrong. You coulded have royally screwed over an affiliate becasue party could keep their whole payment.

Losing all
09-04-2004, 04:30 AM
Any relation to lasvegasgal or shipit? It sounds like the same MO.

Bytestream
09-04-2004, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ran bad and lost the 50$.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Once again I played solidly but took some hits

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did this once more and lost

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After a span of about 6 months, I had done this 7 times

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a pattern here somewhere if I can just figure it out....

You are in no danger of getting "in trouble". The only chance of this causing problems for you is if you attempt to cash out one day. Luckily for you the likelihood of this event is pretty low.

I suggest you continue to practice this method. You are like the "robin hood of poker", you steal from party and its affiliates and you give it back to the poker players.

Thank you for your donations to my bankroll, I look forward to your continued support.

soooted
09-04-2004, 05:24 AM
Is it really worth the effort to setup all these fake accounts just for $50? If you need the free $50 that bad maybe you shouldn't be playing this game?

Take $50 and start with micro limits and build your bankroll. Step up in limits as you go and soon you'll be cruising. Stop chasing freebie $50 here adn there and focus on your game!