PDA

View Full Version : Hand Review Please, New to the Forum

MeanGreenTT
09-03-2004, 09:36 PM
I've read up about posting ettiquette, etc and hope I can stay within the bounds and continue to learn from here. I'm a Mod on a large sports car forum with one the largest OT sections on the web so I know how it can be /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, I began playing a few months ago, devouring all the info I could and playing in free and $1 dollar multi-table and after applying what I've read here and in the recommdended books my game got a little more solid and I wanted to try out the single table tourney's. I've lost my share but I've also placed in almost as many, winning a couple to boot....getting easier to put people on hands and spot the bad players, at least a little worse than me.

I was playing this evening and found myself in the situation below:

Can you let me know what you think of my play, thanks. I know I most likely shouldn't have been in the hand from the start but it was fairly cheap pre-flop and with the chance of picking up the short-stacked players last 70, who wouldn't, right?

Paradise Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (6 handed)

CO (t1687.00)
Button (t1904.00)
Hero (t2255.00)
BB (t100.00)
UTG (t2613.00)
MP (t1441.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of t15.
UTG calls t30, MP calls t30, CO folds, Button folds, Hero (poster) completes, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to t85</font>, UTG calls t70, MP calls t70, Hero calls t70.

Flop: (t400) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (t400) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises to t400</font>, MP folds, Hero calls t200.

River: (t1200) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t1755</font>, UTG calls t1755.

Final Pot: t4710

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 9c 7h (three of a kind, sevens).
BB shows 2d Ac (one pair, sevens).
UTG shows 7c Ad (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: UTG wins t4710. </font>

Lori
09-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Fold for 70 preflop (The complete was okay), other than that I like the play. The river bet makes me cringe and I don't like it, but I would be lying if I said I could fold.

The check call is good play as you'll catch him when he bluffs.

Lori

MeanGreenTT
09-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks...I knew I shouldn't have been in that hand from the start.