PDA

View Full Version : Top pair - Possibly top kicker

Luv2DriveTT
09-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Comments please. There were no pre-flop raises, so I don't expect any pocket broadway holdings. Nobody capped the turn, so I thought for sure I was probably safe. SB & BB on the river checked, so I viewed my only opponent to be the Button at this stage even though the river was multi-way. The table was live and full of LAGs... keep that in mind.

Comments please? This hand got me stuck!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (22 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26 BB, between Button, SB, BB and Hero.</font>

PhatTBoll
09-03-2004, 08:35 PM
You must raise preflop.

With your reads, I would probably raise it up on the turn. What were you trying to accomplish with the call/reraise?

Piiop
09-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Raise preflop.

Flop is good, except that you should now be pretty scared of whatever it is your opponents have.

Why are you call/3-betting the turn after that flop action?? Even with LAG's I would not expect top pair 2nd kicker to be good after that much. If you still want to raise, just raise the first bet. I think you went too aggro on this hand. If you won anyway, congrats, but I wouldn't expect your hand to be good.

SnakeRat
09-03-2004, 08:44 PM
The turn play sucks.

Luv2DriveTT
09-03-2004, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn play sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I hit the wrong button. I wanted to raise the turn.

As for the Pre-Flop play - let me have it. You are all right, I should have raised that. I was thinking non-suited, 4 players to go - but that was incorrect logic. I admit it... my bad. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Knowing my turn mistake (and subsequent compensation) - can I have more comments please? Because I was shocked by the results of this hand. What do you guys think Button has in his pocket?

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

helpmeout
09-03-2004, 11:29 PM
1. Raise preflop, don't be scared of being dominated. Your hand is most likely going to be the best.

2. I would call on the flop I dont think TPTK is worth a 3 bet, it keeps you under the radar as well so you can see how much SB and BB really like their hands.

I think you probably won this hand because of the lack of river betting but you could of easily lost to 2 pair because you didnt raise the flop.

Luv2DriveTT
09-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Button had JJ in his pocket. Now that you know this, does anyone see this in the Button's actions? I'm shocked.. I would have never guessed! I didn't have the Button pegged as a rock, but he was for this hand.

AncientPC
09-04-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button had JJ in his pocket. Now that you know this, does anyone see this in the Button's actions? I'm shocked.. I would have never guessed! I didn't have the Button pegged as a rock, but he was for this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why he didn't cap it on the turn or river. He only loses to pocket Q's.

Chris Daddy Cool
09-04-2004, 05:20 AM
raise pf.

and you massively overplayed your hand on the turn. i wouldn't even think of raising after all that flop action