PDA

View Full Version : Over cards. How do you play this?

radek2166
09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

k000k
09-03-2004, 06:11 PM
I'd check the river, I HATE it when 2pair shows up on the board (if I dont have one).. You can't possibly scare anyone with a 2 or an 8 away.

Ask yourself this: What worse hand will call me? If you can't think of any, don't bother throwing your $$ in there..

citizenkn
09-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Check the river. The button is likely calling you down with a small-medium pocket pair, and betting the river will cost you a bet. I HATE playing overcards out of position for this very reason. If the positions were switched, you could just check it through and get a free showdown.....

radek2166
09-03-2004, 06:34 PM
When should I stop betting overcards. This is a bad exaple due to the fact that their are two pairs on the board.

But over cards just kill me. I have lost the most money with them@SD

citizenkn
09-03-2004, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When should I stop betting overcards. This is a bad exaple due to the fact that their are two pairs on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will almost always bet the flop. Against one or two opponents I will bet the turn, but check the river. Three or more and I'm going to check the turn as well. If I bet and get raised on the flop, I'll call and check/fold the turn if I don't improve or hit a strong draw.