PDA

View Full Version : Full 2+2 draft results

bugstud
09-03-2004, 05:35 PM
http://www.winningonlinepoker.com/twoplustwodraft.htm

Flame away! McNair and all other bonehead moves.

Dynasty
09-03-2004, 08:22 PM
The Timebombs clearly just didn't know what they were doing. McNair and Vanderjagt were terrible picks. I hope they at least have fun with the league.

AA's Pocket Rockets should have running back trouble all year with Bennet (3..10) and Duce Staley (5.10).

Clarkmeister
09-03-2004, 09:02 PM
The Mollywhoppers seem to be the only ones with any clue at all. By far the most logical and cost-effective draft assuming a standard type of scoring system.

Michael Davis
09-03-2004, 09:45 PM
I was thinking of trying to get a decent 2+2 money league going, but I neglected to do so because I figured I would be up against a bunch of +EV monkeys who would know how to play this game.

The results of this draft have forced me to reconsider.

-Michael

pudley4
09-04-2004, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.winningonlinepoker.com/twoplustwodraft.htm

Flame away! McNair and all other bonehead moves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey bug, exactly how many running backs can you start? (Alexander, Johnson, T. Jones, K. Jones, McGahee, T. Bell? and is that Moe Williams too?)

Gutshot Straights has the best team. Young Bottles would have had the best , had he chosen Barlow over Faulk, and Jimmy Smith over Jevon Walker /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bugstud
09-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Well, I should have taken a top TE, but other than that I'm not upset. I figure in an active league someone will need RB's, and they're the most scarce position around. Meh. Start two /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorta snowballed when I liked no reciever at my pick in practically every round other than santana moss.

gonores
09-04-2004, 02:52 AM
That's me. I picked Boldin. I am dumb.

I love my late-rounders though.

PS - I assume you are aware of the Clark effect...namely the extra trade leverage I get from receiving your ringing endorsement. The panic caused by the exposing of my team's greatness will only lead to further irrational, "break up his team by any means necessary" decisions by my not-so-worthy opponents.

PPS - my favorite part of the whole draft was putting Joe Tall on tilt and challenging him to a HU fantasy football match.

UncleRemus
09-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Now that is something I would be quite interested in... hope to hear about this happening in the future!

gonores
09-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Cmon....It's not too late. First game isn't until Thursday, right?

I would actually do my homework for a $100 buy-in league.

UncleRemus
09-04-2004, 03:10 AM
Amen, brotha! That's 3 right there, I'm sure we'd have no problem getting another 9 for a money league.

bugstud
09-04-2004, 03:18 AM
yeah, I'd do it. I'd take 8 RB's there!!!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

anyways, lemme know
!

Joe Tall
09-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Unfortunately, I drafted over the phone as I ended up w/a 3PM tee time down the Cape. I was on my heels drafting last and as soon as I was ready for a pick, they were gone.

CU in the playoffs,
Joe Tall

ArchAngel71857
09-05-2004, 02:03 PM
AA's Pocket Rockets should have running back trouble all year with Bennet (3..10) and Duce Staley (5.10).

I agree. I was hoping Chris Brown would slip to 3d round. Didn't know Timebombs was a Titans fan (Mcnair, bennet, brown). OH well, I'm sure I can trade bugstud for something. I definitely second guess my Holt pick. Wish I would have taken Stephen Davis. My Manning pick goes against every bone in my body. I deserve to lose for that alone.

-AA

nolanfan34
09-06-2004, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gutshot Straights has the best team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a guy that knows what he's talking about! My Randy Moss selection probably biased him though.

It was a tough draft, that 3rd round kind of hurt when so many RB's went before it got back to me. Damn Bugstud has them all....and I'm waiting until the asking price comes down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The best part of the draft was not the fact that Joe Tall did it via phone, but that he has his own lacky!

craig r
09-06-2004, 01:44 AM
oh i am not a titans fan. i was playing with the pre-rank feature when i was bored. i then was going to prerank, but decided not to because i will be up by 10 in the morning. well, i am an idiot.

craig

Big Country
09-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Mollywhoppers look solid and Bugstud will be tough to beat once he makes the obvious RB for Wr improvement trade. Bugstud followed the standard FF formula of loading up early and often on RBs, ending up with 4 starters and 3 guys that will push for significant PT.

Pocketrockets will have problems fielding a win in the first 4 weeks with Staley and Dayne as his starting RBs, and has to hope Bennett can hold off a strong start from Moe Williams, mewelde Moore and oSmith after the suspension.

Gutshot has a very nice team and I think young Bottles could really surprise, if his high risk RBs pan out and Javon Walker really comes on strong like I think he will.