PDA

View Full Version : 3 bet this river?

joker122
09-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Do I ever have a read?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>,

Flop: (5.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero ?

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

I guess looking at it now it seems like an easy 3 bet, but what could he put me on that he can still raise?

fyodor
09-03-2004, 05:39 PM
He probably doesn't put you on anything. He just sees 2 Kings on board and reasons that is unlikely you could have one of the remaining 2. As a matter of fact he is willing to bet on it. You just have to bet him back.

tripdad
09-03-2004, 06:29 PM
it looks to me like he is not concerned with what you have. if he's bluffing, he will not call your 3-bet.

you can put yourself in his shoes to put him on a hand. what would you play like that?

AA? maybe...rarely but maybe.
55? maybe other than the cold call preflop.
KQ? maybe
AK? maybe, but mostly 3-bet preflop.
22? definitely not you, but i've played many who would.
34s? no chance, but again...some will cold call preflop w/any 2 suited connectors.
any 2? highly doubtful.
KJ/KT are possible for some loose callers.

i 3-bet and tip my virtual hat when i lose...feel like the master of my online domain when i win.

cheers!

NLSoldier
09-04-2004, 07:07 AM
I'd put him on 52o for a rivered two pair that he doesnt realize is counterfeit and 3 bet /images/graemlins/cool.gif