PDA

View Full Version : Top two pair vs. turned flush? $50 NL Party - 6 Max

JrJordan
09-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Not quite sure how else to play this hand. Didn't have odds to go for the boat, and it sure seems like he has the flush here. I made the turn bet $8 so I could get out if I think he has the flush. Am I being weak tight with this fold? Also, some discussion on the limping vs. raising PF with AQ in the SB may be worthwhile. I've been experimenting with AQ and AJ in this sense to whether its better to limp or raise from EP for the 6max. Results to follow.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

CO ($161.10)
Button ($125.85)
Hero ($33.50)
BB ($62.30)
UTG ($42.95)
MP ($28.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($5) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls $4, CO folds.

Turn: ($13) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises to $23.4 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $44.40

jslag
09-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Your fold is fine, especially since you have zero hearts in your hand. Did you have any type of read on this opponent? It's possible he's bluffing or has an ace (A8, A6) too. Could also be a set. If you read him as weak or have seen him bluff a lot, I would consider a call. I like to make those sorts of calls when my table image is very aggressive and I have a big stack established. People will think you're bluffing more, so you can make calls like that and it's usually +EV.

I don't mind the limp in the SB. AQ turns to rags from EP. If I'm not in the blinds though, I raise AQ and sometimes AJ from any position. Course, I don't play 6-max too often.

How's the 6-max NL50 game? Fairly soft?