PDA

View Full Version : I just chopped on PartyPoker

jwvdcw
09-03-2004, 01:59 PM
Got down to 2 of us at a $215 STT. We we're talking about how silly the fast rising blinds were and said, 'I wish we could just chop.' So I suggested that he transfer me $200 and then I'd let him win. He agreed. I wish Party would offer this service, so that we could do it all the time without having to fear being cheated.

Jurollo
09-03-2004, 02:04 PM
It would unfortunately never happen simply because they would have to hire more support to be able to come and pause the tourney, etc. Party is about the bottom line, they get enough players and continue to grow, no need for them to hire more support for it.

Jurollo
09-03-2004, 02:06 PM
Here's an idea though, could software intigrate an auto-chop button or something, where if all the players involved clicked a chop button, then entered amounts for the remaining players and clicked "ok". If all remaining players did it before a new hand was dealt it would automatically give out those ratios? Wouldnt this be do-able?

daryn
09-03-2004, 02:07 PM
of course it would be doable, but then party would have to invest in changing the software, working out bugs, etc..

why bother they say

scotnt73
09-03-2004, 02:23 PM
true. and alot of the time people dont chop down the middle anyway. if youve got 75% of the chips and i have 25% i might ask you if youll give me 100$ to end it now for example. i think this type of stuff happens more often then down the middle chops.

i do however remember a fossilman post about him being the last 2 in the satelite on one of the poker sites that he won his 10k entry with and he was offering the other guy money and the "official" paused the tourney while they discussed it. maybe they do this on high end games?

daryn
09-03-2004, 02:28 PM
that was pokerstars.. chopping is common there and is facilitated by support

Tosh
09-03-2004, 02:42 PM
You know all they'd have to do for headsup chops is have an 'Offer deal' option, whereby one player just types in the offer and opponent accepts/declines, rather like offering a draw in chess. It would be a bit more tricky for 3+ handed deals but still easy enough.

Am I oversimplifying how they could do it or underestimating just how lazy Party are?

jwvdcw
09-03-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know all they'd have to do for headsup chops is have an 'Offer deal' option, whereby one player just types in the offer and opponent accepts/declines, rather like offering a draw in chess. It would be a bit more tricky for 3+ handed deals but still easy enough.

Am I oversimplifying how they could do it or underestimating just how lazy Party are?

[/ QUOTE ]

On Party? Where do you see this?

daryn
09-03-2004, 05:42 PM
steps:

1) click on the options tray

2) right click where it says "other options"

3) realize how gullible you are

MicroBob
09-03-2004, 06:04 PM
I like the comparison of offering a draw in chess.
This feature wouldn't be that tough to implement.

That said, it's also not THAT tough to have enough customer support to tend to them either.

I was in a $10-SNG 2-table that split 4-ways once. I guess we each got $45.
We just folded around to the blinds while someone e-mailed Stars and we waited for a host to come. It took about 2 minutes. He came and asked if everyone was in agreement and we all affirmed (I almost decided to back out after everyone else said 'yes' just because I thought it would be fun to be a smart-ass).

He told us to all just sit-out and let it be folded around. I think he stopped the game at some point and had some of the money from the 1st and 2nd place 'finishers' transferred to the guys who 'finished' 3rd and 4th.
I think they had a transfer of $9 from somebody else's account into mine.

Obviously there wasn't THAT much work involved in doing this....but they did have to actually take some time and they did actually have to click a few buttons on a really small amount of money.

They did it because their customers are happy with the quality of support they received, etc etc.

With that experience in my background, I get kind of sick of the bottom-line ways of Party. It's not THAT freaking hard to hire enough people to respond to e-mails (and to competently train them) nor would it be THAT freaking hard to send a customer-service rep out to handle the occasional SNG-chop.

radek2166
09-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Choping is in the best intrest of everyone. when I am in a tourney I allways want to chop.

Turning Stone Pro
09-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Now you guys are whining because PP doesn't cater to a bunch of old women who want to chop it up as opposed to playing poker?

Go play Canasta or Old Maid, ladies.

TSP

radek2166
09-03-2004, 06:38 PM
No I want to play poker. Can play even more after a chop.

MicroBob
09-03-2004, 06:59 PM
I want to chop because I am worried about the effect of those extra Aces that keep getting dealt on the turn.

balkii
09-03-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want to chop because I am worried about the effect of those extra Aces that keep getting dealt on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING!

gavrilo
09-03-2004, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice one.

MicroBob
09-03-2004, 07:23 PM
ty.
ty.

(bows)

daryn
09-03-2004, 07:40 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Now you guys are whining because PP doesn't cater to a bunch of old women who want to chop it up as opposed to playing poker?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

for once.. agree.

Turning Stone Pro
09-03-2004, 07:45 PM
how bout some head up 15-30? private table, $1000 freezeout.
ill get the table.

Turning Stone Pro
09-03-2004, 07:47 PM
(n/m)

Sponger15SB
09-03-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how bout some head up 15-30? private table, $1000 freezeout.
ill get the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but I don't think Micro Bob engages in high stakes dick waving.

MicroBob
09-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Sponger is correct.

I don't play 15/30 and I refuse to play outside what I consider appopriate for my bankroll no matter how bad the opposition might happen to be.

I also kind of suck at heads-up play...so even with the extra Aces I really don't know how I would fare.

I've seen this guy challenge 2 or 3 other 2+2'ers in other threads. Anyone disagrees with him on anything and he just says 'Oh Yeah!! I'll play you heads-up and show you how smart I am'.

I've also run across some table-banter on Party where some really pissed-off guy starts saying 'You suck. You suck. I'll take any of you on heads-up anytime'
Usually, a slightly more intelligent player will determine that this is too good an opportunity to pass up (although with the rake structure I disagree).

I find these 'Set-up the table...I'll take you on ANYTIME!!' type of dick-waving challenges to be beyond pathetic.

So much unnecessary anger. I don't get it.

Tosh
09-03-2004, 08:36 PM
Its embarrasing at times on Stars faffing around trying to get an agreement, especially for the major events. I just think the option would be good, just type in player a gets x, player b gets y etc etc. Just put in a rule everyone can offer only once and its a much better system IMO.

It doesn't bother me much as I think deals are normally more hassle than they're worth but I know a lot go on and a lot would go on at Party if they could happen.

Lazymeatball
09-03-2004, 11:12 PM
nice Devastatin Dave avatar

Say no to Drugs!

mrjetguy
09-04-2004, 06:53 PM
I am always confused about chopping. Only a moron would offer you much more of the money than the percent of chips you have. And doesn't everyone think that they are better than everyone else, so why chop? Why not use your superior skill and take down the weaker players?

NOTE: I only play on partypoker... so my experience with chops is none. Please enlighten me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jwvdcw
09-05-2004, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right because they never chop in any of Poker's big events /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jwvdcw
09-05-2004, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am always confused about chopping. Only a moron would offer you much more of the money than the percent of chips you have. And doesn't everyone think that they are better than everyone else, so why chop? Why not use your superior skill and take down the weaker players?

NOTE: I only play on partypoker... so my experience with chops is none. Please enlighten me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if you're playing for high stakes that are way over your limits(say you enter a $500, 1000+ person tourney, and you're now risking $100000+ on the turn of a card) you'd rather just play it safe.

slavic
09-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Hmm why not pay $500 in rake just for the hell of it.