PDA

View Full Version : Tecmo Super Bowl Challenge

jwvdcw
09-03-2004, 01:37 PM
I posted a Tecmo Super Bowl Challenge over at another board:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=100530

If anyone wants to be in it, they're welcome. If you don't feel like signing up for that message board, then post here, and I'll transfer your results over to that message board for you.

scotnt73
09-03-2004, 01:58 PM
that takes me back. wasnt bo jackson almost unstopable in that game? this was the first truly great football game. the next big jump for me was joe montana football.

bernie
09-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Playing solely on coach mode ups the difficulty a bit. It's near impossible to have an undefeated season with a bad team. I was TB forever. Closest i got was 14-2. It will amaze you how the comp plays when in coach mode. Like watching phil simms stroke ya for an 80 yard run with no time left on the clock to win. Yes, THAT phil simms. All of a sudden he's a track star.

Tecmo rocked. Too bad they quit doing football. I think they'd have given Madden a great run for the money with what they were coming up with. They were ahead of Madden in alot of areas.

b

jwvdcw
09-03-2004, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing solely on coach mode ups the difficulty a bit. It's near impossible to have an undefeated season with a bad team. I was TB forever. Closest i got was 14-2. It will amaze you how the comp plays when in coach mode. Like watching phil simms stroke ya for an 80 yard run with no time left on the clock to win. Yes, THAT phil simms. All of a sudden he's a track star.

Tecmo rocked. Too bad they quit doing football. I think they'd have given Madden a great run for the money with what they were coming up with. They were ahead of Madden in alot of areas.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried coach mode...don't have the patience for it.

And yeah, I'd totally buy a new Tecmo Super Bowl even if it had the exact same graphics and gameplay as the orignal but with new teams and a much more difficult computer challenge. In fact, I'd buy a new system just for that game if it ever came out.

jwvdcw
09-04-2004, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that takes me back. wasnt bo jackson almost unstopable in that game? this was the first truly great football game. the next big jump for me was joe montana football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played Joe Montana....what system was that for?

jwvdcw
09-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Update....if anyone wants in, please just sign up at that message board and post there. It'd be easier on me..thanks.

jdl22
09-05-2004, 05:09 PM
It was for Sega Genesis. Damn good game. It was more of an early version of a game like Madden than the tecmo series.

jwvdcw
09-05-2004, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was for Sega Genesis. Damn good game. It was more of an early version of a game like Madden than the tecmo series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh cool. sounds interesting, but I have no Sega, so I probably won't try it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif