PDA

View Full Version : Another Fantasy Team Post

Nottom
09-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to know if anyone thinks I have a chance with the following team.

QB -
Jeff Garcia

RB-
Travis Henry
Rudy Johnson

WR-
Marvin Harrison
Randy Moss

TE-
Jeremy Shocky

K-
Jeff Wilkins

D-
Kansas City

ftball0000
09-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Ok, let's take a stab at this one...

QB- Garcia is a bit weak... who are your backups? Perhaps you could go with a QB by committee, pick and choose depending on who is playing who. When you get down to the Garcia level of QB's, they are very similar

RB- Henry is a beast, McGahee may prove to be a problem later in the year, but from what I've heard, and I live in Bills country, is that McGahee will just be the 3rd down back. I really like Johnson, the only reason I have the slightest bit of a question with him is that the bungals draft Chris Perry in the 1st round, weird. Overall, I like the RB;s

WR- I guess we know what position you drafted early... stellar WR's I'm sure they are by far the best in your league.

TE- If he's healthy then he should be good. But he's been injured alot and the NYG QB position is unstable but he's still a top 5 TE in my book.

K- Wilkins is great, gotta love dome kickers... especally on high scoring teams

D- I hope you get special team points from KC b/c without the ST the D is not nearly as good... but D's are a dime a dozen anyways.

I like your team nottom... may the injury bug stay away and you'll be in the playoffs

-Ftball

SossMan
09-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Let me guess...you had the 9th or 10th pick in a 10 team league....
I have been toying with the idea of going WR/WR if I pick late in the first round and early in the 2nd. I kind of like it so long as your scoring system benefits receivers (pts for receptions would be the most obvious, but also bonus pts for longer TDs would be nice, too)

For not taking a RB in Rd. 1 and 2, you did a good job of getting two backs that would normally go in mid-rd. 2.

I like Garcia this year more than most owners, it seems, but you should definitely have another QB at near his level to look at matchups (Gannon, Brady, Leftwich, Brunell come to mind)

Also, I like to look at depth as well, but all in all, this is a really good starting lineup, IMO.

bugstud
09-03-2004, 05:29 PM
I've have a team in a 14 teamer where I went Moss/Holt in the first 2 rounds and got Thomas Jones/Chris Brown on the way back...I think it may work out for me, who knows.