PDA

View Full Version : Ram and Jam with KK aganist probable A-rag?

AlphaMeridian
09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.35.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (9.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero ?</font>

Bet out, with the thought of protecting my hand and possibly representing something more than I have, or check here? Checking seems so...wrong, but with the flop, should i have slowed down? Or is the flop the reason I _should_ be aggressive?

-Alpha

sin808
09-03-2004, 12:07 PM
bet

AlphaMeridian
09-03-2004, 12:16 PM
With the idea of calling a raise (maybe someone's trying to slowplay) or folding to a raise? Calling a raise seems more natural to me though. But I take it (as i read the forums and am trying to adapt to a correct way of thinking) that I should be prepared for any action, yes? Even though the way people were betting, it didn't seem like they would raise, but I've seen A-rag hit 2 pair before.

-Alpha

PokerBob
09-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Bet the turn, as there are now 2 flush draws out there. There are also straight draws. Also, morons at these limits will ALWAYS call the flop and fold the turn if they miss. Bet.

Quercus
09-03-2004, 12:58 PM
The pot is giving you good odds against the chance that someone has an ace. I'm sure a math wizard could prove that its giving good odds against that plus the flush draws.

Looks like a betting situation to me. Just be prepared to get killed by A3o fairly often. Still a +EV play, but just get used to big pockets getting cracked a hell of a lot on the loosy-goosy micro limits. (Said as I try to remember the last time I had JJ hold up...)

Gambit
09-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Bet. If you get raised THEN you have a decision to make.

G

JEM7VSBL
09-03-2004, 01:35 PM
bet out the turn here. depending on the river and the number of callers, i check/call the river.

sin808
09-03-2004, 02:02 PM
I would call the raise and check the river.

illunious
09-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I think I'd usually check fold the turn. 3 callers on the flop scares the crap out of me. I doubt a queen or draw will bet, so if the turn checks through I'll bet the river.

If I bet, I think folding to a raise is easy.

edthayer
09-03-2004, 03:20 PM
What's wrong with check-calling the turn and the river? I doubt your aggressive play will push anyone off a pair of aces. On the other hand, checking could induce a bluff if they don't have an ace. You are either way ahead with KK, or way behind an Ax.

txdolly
09-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Hard to say. At these lower limits anyone could be holding Ax. I say bet.