PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Backer(s) to the Ult.Classic in Aruba $6200 NL WPT Event

jaroot
09-03-2004, 11:41 AM
I won entry (without air/hotel) into the Ultimate Classic in Aruba ($6200 buyin WPT event) today, and was wondering if anyone would like to buy a piece of me? Yes I know.. I will probably get flamed pretty hard for making a post like this.. but just hear me out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am not a pro by any means, but I have played tournaments just about every day for the past year and a half, so I have quite a bit of experience both online and off. (those who know me will remember that I won two entries to Aruba last year, so I also have experience in THIS particular tournament as well.) Yes I did manage to only finish 400th out of 436 last year but I've gotten a bit better since then /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a 29yr old father of 3 and live on a modest income as a computer programmer, so the (air/hotel) expense of taking me and my wife to Aruba is too much for my "offline bankroll" to absorb at this time. I figure that my expenses (Air/Hotel/Food/Entertainment) will cost me about $2000
(if I go alone) or $3000 (if i can raise enough to bring the ball andchain), so those are the amounts that I am looking to acquire in total for the trip.

If you are interested in "sponsoring" me for this tournament, please email me ASAP to discuss financial arrangements.

*As an added incentive to anyone willing to help....
I am willing to discount myself 25% on the dollar!
To break down the #'s.. 1% of $6200 is $62, so a
1% investment would be discounted by 25% for a total of ($46.50)

Also.. if there are any other SOLO travelers to Aruba that would like to share HOTEL expenses PLEASE let me know. I do not snore.. and I'm willing to take the floor with no problem /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Jason

EMAIL: faque@charter.net
AOLIM: jarooty

Other links..
Event Schedule:
http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/aruba/event_schedule.html
Payout Structure:
http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/aruba/payout_schedule_mainevent.html
*not listed as of yet, but last year the top 100 places paid *out of 436*
And this year $1,000,000 is guaranteed for 1st place! 1% of $1,000,000 is
$10,000.. not bad for a $46.50 investment! Assuming I win.. which is merely a formality...

TheBong
09-03-2004, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I won entry (without air/hotel) into the Ultimate Classic in Aruba ($6200 buyin WPT event) today, and was wondering if anyone would like to buy a piece of me? Yes I know.. I will probably get flamed pretty hard for making a post like this.. but just hear me out /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am not a pro by any means, but I have played tournaments just about every day for the past year and a half, so I have quite a bit of experience both online and off. (those who know me will remember that I won two entries to Aruba last year, so I also have experience in THIS particular tournament as well.) Yes I did manage to only finish 400th out of 436 last year but I've gotten a bit better since then /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm a 29yr old father of 3 and live on a modest income as a computer programmer, so the (air/hotel) expense of taking me and my wife to Aruba is too much for my "offline bankroll" to absorb at this time. I figure that my expenses (Air/Hotel/Food/Entertainment) will cost me about $2000
(if I go alone) or $3000 (if i can raise enough to bring the ball andchain), so those are the amounts that I am looking to acquire in total for the trip.

If you are interested in "sponsoring" me for this tournament, please email me ASAP to discuss financial arrangements.

*As an added incentive to anyone willing to help....
I am willing to discount myself 25% on the dollar!
To break down the #'s.. 1% of $6200 is $62, so a
1% investment would be discounted by 25% for a total of ($46.50)

Also.. if there are any other SOLO travelers to Aruba that would like to share HOTEL expenses PLEASE let me know. I do not snore.. and I'm willing to take the floor with no problem /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks,
Jason

EMAIL: faque@charter.net
AOLIM: jarooty

Other links..
Event Schedule:
http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/aruba/event_schedule.html
Payout Structure:
http://www.ultimatebet.com/promotions/aruba/payout_schedule_mainevent.html
*not listed as of yet, but last year the top 100 places paid *out of 436*
And this year $1,000,000 is guaranteed for 1st place! 1% of $1,000,000 is
$10,000.. not bad for a $46.50 investment! Assuming I win.. which is merely a formality...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well - I won't flame you, but your post count is 1, and you're asking for people to buy pieces of you?

Seems like fairly wishful thinking for someone who's never had the want to go posting until he wanted money?

Maybe you're a great guy, and a heckuva tournament player. I find it highly doubtful that with 1 post you will convince any of the posters here of this reality. If you do best of luck to you.

Next time, might I suggest trying for an event that you can afford the travel expenses, especially if you've travelled to this tournament just one year prior, and know the relative costs already?

Cleveland Guy
09-03-2004, 02:28 PM
are you willing to sign a binding legal document that states this?

jaroot
09-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Yes of course... Please contact me if you're interested.

jaroot
09-04-2004, 01:09 AM
Bong - I have a pretty large cast of friends/family are are already willing to help out, so this post is mainly for them (although I won't discriminate if a complete stranger wants some of my action as well) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I knew in advance that I could not afford the trip on my own, but I figured that I could make enough selling pieces of my action to cover the expenses. I think I'm going to meet my goal too.. I have 7% sold already. Only an other 33% to go and I'll be fine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mrjetguy
09-04-2004, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bong - I have a pretty large cast of friends/family are are already willing to help out, so this post is mainly for them (although I won't discriminate if a complete stranger wants some of my action as well) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I knew in advance that I could not afford the trip on my own, but I figured that I could make enough selling pieces of my action to cover the expenses. I think I'm going to meet my goal too.. I have 7% sold already. Only an other 33% to go and I'll be fine. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a god idea, however I just want to reccomend that you fully enlighten your friends and family of how difficult it will be to win money, prior to them investing in you. I'm sure you have already done this, but I wanted to make sure. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

jaroot
09-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Yes they are all very aware of the situation as most of them are poker players as well.

Airpoaneman
09-04-2004, 06:55 PM
Man this guy is for real, I would help you out if I wasnt 18 years old. Good luck sir.

THE POOR MAN JUST WANTS TO GO, HELP A BROTHER OUT!!!!