PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story....

crockett
09-03-2004, 10:57 AM
I thought you would get a kick out of this:

Scenario: My wife has recently wanted to start playing poker on the internet because she has seen me playing so much. I was ready to switch Poker sites so I left my bonus (which I couldn’t clear anyways) in the site and took the rest of my bankroll elsewhere. I handed the old site over to my wife and showed her how to get on the .05/.1 tables and of course she is now loving it but refuses to learn anything and plays like a complete fish. She just does it for the entertainment.

This is an actually conversation that took place between us last night. My wife is playing internet Poker in one room and I’m in another room watching T.V. and we are yelling back and forth through the house.

Wife (yelling from the other room): Honey! I’ve got J3 and the board flopped JJ3. How should I play it?

Me: Bet and Raise! At every opportunity.

Wife (yelling from the other room): Really? But what if someone has pocket Jacks?

Me: Then you accidentally sat down on a 53 card Texas Hold’em table and you should leave it immediately.

Wife (yelling from the other room): Huh? What do you mean?

Me: Nevermind…just bet and raise every chance you get.

Wife (yelling from the other room): O.k.

(30-40 seconds of silence passes)

Wife (yelling from the other room): (clapping!) Wooo Hooo! Honey I won a big pot!

Me: That’s great. No one had pocket Jacks?

Wife: (yelling from the other room): Nope!

Me: Yeah, in that situation it is pretty rare that some would be holding pocket Jacks.

Wife (yelling from the other room): Yup, you were right honey…Thanks!

radek2166
09-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Lmao.

flair1239
09-03-2004, 11:58 AM
arent they cute when they try to think..lol

USCSigma1097
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Great story...I like to let my girlfriend sit at the computer and actually press the bet, call, and raise buttons while I tell her what to do. I love when we argue when I make her fold the 8 and 4 of "puppy paws" as she puts it when she doesn't want to.

Sigma

meep_42
09-03-2004, 01:09 PM
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that my gf is better at NL than I am. :P

-d

k000k
09-03-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that my gf is better at NL than I am. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish my wife played, I'd play her HU for, well, ya know, services.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MagicRat
09-03-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wife (yelling from the other room): Really? But what if someone has pocket Jacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your wife blonde??? JUST KIDDING!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

crockett
09-03-2004, 03:21 PM
I guess that is why it is so funny to me, she's actually a very intelligent person. I love watching her play because I get to examine the typical thinking you play against.

Two things I've learned from her:
Rule # 1
You only need one good card to play this game. I you have an A, K, Q, or J you've got yourself a calling hand. If the other card you have is good that's a bonus but not necessary.

Rule #2
Position? What do you mean positon? See Rule #1.

radek2166
09-03-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two things I've learned from her:
Rule # 1
You only need one good card to play this game. I you have an A, K, Q, or J you've got yourself a calling hand. If the other card you have is good that's a bonus but not necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two ways to look at this shes pretty tight.

1) She knows a ten wont win you many hands.

2) Shes probably better than me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif