PDA

View Full Version : las vegas poker discussion group?

oddjob
09-03-2004, 10:14 AM
i will be in las vegas next week from the 7th to the 10th. i was wondering if this group still meets. i might like to come sit in.

also, if you vegas regulars meet together to play at all, or have a night where some of you happen to be at on the same night, i'd love to stop by. i'm not the type to put anyone out by having them meet me somewhere specific, so i thought it might be easier for me to just show up at places.

i have no set agendas or any specific cardrooms i want to hit. probably as many as possible. i'm staying at the tropicana so probably stay relatively close as i'll be hoofing it, with no car. playing low limit.

Big Country
09-03-2004, 12:46 PM
can't help you regardingthe poker discussion group, but, I usually stay at the trop and it is just aquick walk to the excalibur, or you can jump on the free tram to luxor or mandalay bay from there.

Warior
09-03-2004, 02:17 PM
Group meets Weds still at the Horseshoe, one of the regulars should be posting here shortly and give you the details. If you can make it I highly recommend you go, great people and some very good insights.

oddjob
09-04-2004, 11:54 AM
anyone have a time of this meeting? where in binions it is? thank you.

megabit
09-04-2004, 12:45 PM
IIRC it is in the back room of the coffee shop downstairs. I think the time is 2:00pm. Hopefully Howard or Babe will jump in. I wish I could have extended my trip to include Wed last week.

Mike

zuluking
09-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Room in back of Binions coffee shop. Wednesday...2-3 is food. 3-5 is discussion. It's NOT TO BE MISSED!

Howard Burroughs
09-05-2004, 05:39 AM
Hi Odd Job,

Zulu King has some great info for you there. It's at the Horseshoe (Downtown) coffee shop (way in the back) at 2:00 pm (lunch) then at 3:00 we get started on a wide assortment of poker topics.

The group was started over three years ago by 2+2's own Dr Al Schoonmaker and Dr Al is there almost every Wednesday.

We have regulars & semi regulars ranging from rank beginners to working pros.

At one time or another we've had Mason Malmuth, Daniel Negreanu, Roy Cooke, Clarkmeister, Poker Babe, Sin City Guy, Nolan Dalla, Barry Tanenbaum, Ed Miller, Matt Lessinger, Jim Brier, Mike Sexton, Dynasty, Linda Johnson, Doc Earle, Matt Savage, Jim Miller, Doug Dalton, Jan Fisher, Russ Hamilton, Al Capone Jr, Mark Tenner, Lou Krieger, Lee Jones, Mike Caro, Vince Lepore, skp, MBE, Andrew Kinsman, Ray Morris Hill, Robert Williamson, Tommy Angelo, The Warior & Felicia Lee grace us with their poker presence.

It's always nice when a big wheel in the industry stops by. Most weeks it's just poker talk with some "non-star" players though. We always have a lot of fun regardless of who happens to show up on any given Wednesday.

All 2+2ers are always welcomed and encouraged to stop by.

Best of Luck (and hope to see you at a Wednesday get together)

Howard

megabit
09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Ohh OK Howard I see how it is, I get no credit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Sure wish I could have stayed till Wed last week. I'll get off my lazy butt and do a trip report at some point. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

oddjob
09-05-2004, 12:23 PM
thank you all for the information. i will definitly try to make it down for this.