PDA

View Full Version : 2 pcs in same house

scotnt73
09-03-2004, 09:42 AM
i know this has been discussed before but id like a definite answer so i dont get screwed. i just installed a home network with 3 pcs in it. my step son is staying with me and his mom for the next year while finishing his degree. hes been watching me play online and wants to give it a try. if he sets up an account from a clean pc(no poker software) and sets up his own account with his own bank account and his own netteller account will there be ANY problems because hes playing from the same network(no same pc as me). only definite answers please. thanks.

Nixon
09-03-2004, 09:48 AM
The only problem will be if you both decide to play at the same tables. I have friends come over, and they hook up to my network and play without any problem. We don't play at the same tables, and I have never heard a peep from Party, Stars, or UB.

scotnt73
09-03-2004, 09:55 AM
cool. i have no intention of playing at the same table. i heard it wouldnt even let you if you tried from the same house. maybe it does and you just get in trouble. thanks for the info. thats what i wanted to hear.

lacky
09-03-2004, 10:10 AM
you get a message that pops up when you try to sit down saying the system detects a connection of some sort. I play 6 to 8 tables on 2 accounts so it happens to me all the time when I don't notice I'm already there with my other account. Nobody gets in trouble, you just can't do it.

Steve

Thythe
09-03-2004, 10:19 AM
There's 3 people in my apartment all playing on the same network with no problems. Of course the software doesn't let us sit at the same table.

Yellowbeard
09-03-2004, 11:00 AM
NO worries. Just don't try to play at the same table. Actually it won't let you in the same table/tournament unless it is play money. I have multiple PCs and some of my poker crew come over and we all do stars at the same time... just different tables.