PDA

View Full Version : Calculating Odds

09-18-2001, 12:22 PM
Does anyone have a best source or site for calculating simple poker odds? In particular, the odds of hitting your hand after the flop in Omaha/8 ? Nut flush, Full House, Straight etc..

09-18-2001, 02:45 PM
To make this a more general question, the fact is that I find myself losing alot after calling or raising with standard "good" Omaha pockets. I know that alot depends on the game situation, position, opponent's style etc., but I'm looking for the "critical path" that these variables surround. So I guess I'm assuming everybody's playing in a standard way, ie.., like a computer simulation.

09-18-2001, 06:03 PM
There are a lot of situations to cover in O and O8. Quite a few threads in the Other Poker Games forum discuss them at length. Might want to check there. Or, even better, post a few of the hands you played and ask for an analysis.

09-21-2001, 05:01 AM
you can just figure out how many cards will make your hand on the flop and divide by 45 (for omaha). If you have Axs as part of your hand, and two cards of the suit come on the flop, you have 9 outs out of 45 unseen cards = 4-1 odds (1/5). If you have Kxs in your hand and 2 cards other than the A of that suit come, you have 1 out to make the nut flush, and 9 to make the second nut flush. Bear in mind that the board pairing may make someone a full-house, so if the flop is two-suited, the card of your suit which pairs the the other board card is not necessarily an out for you.