PDA

View Full Version : Playing against the crazy fish

Quercus
09-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">7 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.25 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

The button is a crazy 92.31% VP$IP (50+ hands played). If he's got any miracle cards he could possibly get, he's going to call you down.

Given all that, did I play this properly?

kenewbie
09-03-2004, 04:57 AM
Depends on a lot of things.

Does he call you with nothing on the river?
Will he bet with nothing if he is checked to?
Will he bet with a weak hand if checked to?

You probably have the best hand going in so a raise preflop is good. The flop bet may or may not be good depending on how he plays, same with the turn. River bet is good.

If he will check behind me on the turn with a weak hand I check. No point in trying to make a callingstation fold.

k

Peter Harris
09-03-2004, 06:40 AM
agreed, i'll check the turn here IF the player isn't a LAG.

If the player is a river bluffer, check-raising the river is an option, check-calling is pretty good.

Leading out curtails those options though.

Regards,
Pete Harris