PDA

View Full Version : Determining your position online ?

theredpill
09-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Hey, how do you determine your position online? Is it according to the button ? Lets say I'm in middle position according to the number of chair but I'm in early position according to who is "IN" and who is "OUT" . Meaning that there is maybe one or two people who are "OUT" in between you and the button and so now you are in early position. Am I correct in thinking this ? Any help appreciated. I just don't want to play hands that I shouldn't because I am technically in early position.

Stew
09-03-2004, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, how do you determine your position online? Is it according to the button ? Lets say I'm in middle position according to the number of chair but I'm in early position according to who is "IN" and who is "OUT" . Meaning that there is maybe one or two people who are "OUT" in between you and the button and so now you are in early position. Am I correct in thinking this ? Any help appreciated. I just don't want to play hands that I shouldn't because I am technically in early position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Position is always relative to the button and the players that act after you, that's what's important. The more players that act after you, the worse your position, thus the fewer players b/w you and the button, the "later" your position.

Alobar
09-03-2004, 02:02 AM
im a little confused by what you are trying to express, but basically just figure it out based on the blinds. seat number has absolutely no bearing. The first couple people after the blinds are early posistion, then the next 3 or so would be middle posistion, ans then the last couple are late posistion.

theredpill
09-03-2004, 02:20 AM
I'm not sure why people are confused by this question. If you have 6 people on a table (Not 10) then the first 3 positions to the left of the blind can't be early position because that would leave only one guy in late and absolutely nobody in middle position. Got me ? A better answer to someone with only 6 people playing on a table (not a flop) is the first player the left of the blinds is early position then the next 2 are middle then finally the button man and of course you have the blinds.

Mike Haven
09-03-2004, 08:44 AM
assuming you are asking this in relation to hand groups you are supposed to play, it's better to work backwards from the button

the closest two to the button are in "late" position - the next three are in "middle" position - there may be no players in "early" position in this context, which is where the confusion is arising

looking at a table of six players, you would have sb, bb, mp, lp, co, b

some would further define these positions with emp, lmp, and so on

imo