PDA

View Full Version : Stellar Blues CDs

Zeno
09-03-2004, 01:27 AM
An old friend sent me some CDs that I just recieved today. Both Blues. Both Excellent. Cool dude rating given after each description. Five /images/graemlins/cool.gif is highest.

The best one is "I Feel Like Goin'On", by Ronnie Earl. All instrurmental except for one song. This man is an artist with a gutiar. No more needs to be said than that. Plays slow silky blues to rocker house type. Get this one. /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The other CD is "Sean Costello & His Jivebombers". Traditional all around Blues Band that plays well together with a tight sound. Top notch stuff. /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

-Zeno

Cyrus
09-03-2004, 02:16 AM
Speaking of slow blues guitars, what is it with today's guitar gods? They are all on a speed trip, metaphorically speaking. (Metaphorically? Shows how much I know about backstage). I mean, it is boring beyond belief. I have seen some of their concerts on DVD and it's all instrumental music and they go into these long solos full of lightspeed guitar. What's the point?

Rant over.

Zeno
09-03-2004, 02:23 AM
Good rant. Speed is not all there is to guitar sounds. In fact right now I'm listening to Ronnie Earl again. Fluid semi-slow smooth blues, great backgound piano etc. So I agree.

-Zeno

turnipmonster
09-03-2004, 09:49 AM
interesting ronnie earl trivia. he was a schoolteacher, and didn't start playing guitar until he was 27 after he heard a muddy waters record!

Zeno
09-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info. He is great and he started later in life. Good lesson in there.

By the way, did you get that PM response I sent a few weeks back. I never keep up or save stuff etc so I don't know for sure if it went through or what. A yea or nay is fine.

-Zeno