PDA

View Full Version : A5s -- Boy This is a Big Pot!

JoeU
09-03-2004, 12:07 AM
In the heat of the moment, I thought I played this one ok, but now I'm not completely sure. Table has been typical. 5ish players to every flop, no matter how many bets.

Prima .50/1.00

I am UTG with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I call, UTG+1 raises, EP1 calls, folded to the button who calls, SB calls, BB 3-bets, all call. 6 to the flop for 9BB

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB bets, all call. 6 to the turn for 12BB.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif(A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

SB checks, BB bets, I call, UTG+1 calls, EP1 raises, button mucks, SB calls, BB 3-bets, I cap, UTG+1 folds, all else call. 4 to the river for 31BB.

River:7 /images/graemlins/club.gif(A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

It gets checked round?????????????

I'll post the known hands in white. All thoughts appreciated.

Hands:
<font color="white">
SB had AcKd
BB had QcQd
I had Ah5h
EP1 had KsTs </font>

Joe

Sent
09-03-2004, 12:13 AM
I would fold A5s UTG preflop, especially when it is 2 back to you, but besides that I think you played it fine. Checked around on the river though? What's wrong with the BB lol.

-Sent

JoeU
09-03-2004, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Checked around on the river though? What's wrong with the BB lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Maybe he was afraid of KJ?

I'm not quite sure folding for 2 more bets preflop is correct here. This pot is definitely gonna be 6 handed. I am 1000% sure of that. I was much more concerned with capping the turn. I thought calling 2 more preflop was correct, maybe I'm wrong??

Thanks for the feedback.

Joe

vulturesrow
09-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Joe,

Those prima players are the most loose passive group imaginable (as youve probably noticed by now). I probably wouldve put more money in on the flop, vice capping the turn. I dont think capping the turn was horrible but I wouldve done it the way I suggested.

PS For everyone else, I was sitting at this table, but wasnt in on this hand.

JoeU
09-03-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably wouldve put more money in on the flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a feeling I had possibly made a mistake here. At the time of the hand, I wasn't sure if I'd lose all the late players by raising there. Hindsight though, the AK and the KT aren't folding. Thus, the raise woud have been the best play.

Joe

PS: I just couldn't believe everyone's griping after the hand. I especially loved the bit back and forth about "pot odds". /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DMBFan23
09-03-2004, 05:13 PM
I'd limp pf, but fold when it comes back 2 cold.

I'm undecided on the 3 bet on the turn, you have the odds to make it break even (4 callers) plus the dead money from the guy who folded, but you may have killed your implied odds, and you aren't maximizing your chance to win the pot - you need to show them the flush for that one. I think I would not cap the turn.