PDA

View Full Version : Still more on tipping-mid and high limit players

09-15-2001, 03:08 PM
I don't expect Zee to respond, since he didn't answer my questions on the other forum. But I would like to hear from the rest of you who play mid and upper limits.

As you know, when you play in the top section, (or even the mid section at Bellagio), you are expected to tip the floorperson, usually when they bring you chips or seat you. I would like to know how much and how often you tip them.

I think tipping floor people is more important than tipping dealers.

09-17-2001, 10:47 AM
i dont believe floorpersons should be tipped. hows that. but as we all know that a little grease always make a wheel turn better.

09-17-2001, 11:09 PM
Thanks for an honest answer. Just an interesting fact, gaming commission rules in Colorado prohibit floorpersons from accepting tips.

I can't believe that out of over 100 hits on my original post, no one else has responded. Am I the only one who tips floor people?

Tipping them gets me a seat when one is not available, gets me a phone call when a good game is going, gets a new game started when I'm waiting for the main game, and gets a lot of favorable decisions. That's why I think it's important.

Is it always right? Well, no, but I paid for it.

09-19-2001, 06:23 PM
I don't believe in tipping floor people for seating me. Isn't that kind of like tipping the host of a restaurant for showing you to your seat? There is a local floorperson who knows my name and acknowledges me when I come in to the local card room. Since I work part time for a tobacconist I've thought of bringing him a cigar, but I consider this more of a gift than a tip, but that just might be semantics. Generally I don't tip the people who sell me chips eaither -- it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

09-20-2001, 02:59 AM
I NEVER tip a floorman. I never tip a judge either. If these folks are called upon to render a decision, they shouldn't be tipped employees. Maybe that's the way the game is played, but I ain't playing ball.

JG