PDA

View Full Version : QQ w/ K on the flop

maxpowers21
09-02-2004, 11:47 PM
I want some feedback on a couple of parts to this hand. The reason why I 3-bet the flop is because if my opponet does have a king he'll prob slow down on the turn which gives me a cheaper showdown, or if my opponett is on a draw I'm charging him the maximum. If he caps the flop I can also safely fold. The turn card I was planning to bet out if checked to, but the As is a scare card so i checked it down. Thoughts on the flop play and turn play here? I'm also not sure what to do it my opponet bets out on the turn. I would tend to fold to a turn bet with the A K and the 3-flush onthe board. Thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB

Michael Davis
09-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Good check on the turn even though you are probably still ahead.

Bet the river.

-Michael

imitation
09-03-2004, 03:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he caps the flop I can also safely fold.

[/ QUOTE ] The turn unimproved?

I like your line but I think you can bet the river for value and see a smaller PP.

chio
09-03-2004, 08:54 AM
i like the flop 3 bet and turn check, but i don't think 3betting flop "with the intention of folding to a cap" is any good here

Zele
09-03-2004, 08:56 AM
I agree with the others: good line but I would bet the river for value.

fyodor
09-03-2004, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this stretching the boundaries of Short-Handed?